ForumsThe TavernSpider in my room: should I kill it?

33 12718
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I'm not aracnophobic, just a little anti-semetic towards any creature with more than 4 limbs that infringes on my territory, especially before bed when it could be crawling on me while I sleep. Some may argue that it's wrong and inhumane to kill any living thing, no matter how small. Others may say that death is a natural part of life. What are your thoughts/opinions/beliefs on the subject?

• 33 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I generally leave spiders be unless they decide to leave the walls/ceiling, then they are dead. Unless I have a vaccuum, then they all go bye-bye.

Frauleigne
Frauleigne
8 posts
Nomad

I just leave them. They usually go away when I shooo them.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

My family hates bugs, any one in my house gets killed so when I saw a spider I put it in a plastic cup and threw it out side in the garage. End of story. The spider lives for another day

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I would just leave such a spider alone. After all, most spiders are harmless.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I would take it to another room. Then enjoy sleep.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

I would not care. Spiders kill the other little buggies all around you.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

Well, spiders are insects, insects produce thousands of eggs so killing one won't make too much of a difference. I hate bugs, not afraid of them, they're all free-loaders...besides bees; they give us honey.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well spiders are pretty creepy. I really hate any type of bug unless it's pretty. Have you ever heard of the saying "if you kill a spider, it will happen to you in another life"? I don't believe but it's fun to say once someone kills a spider

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

I'd take it outside. Get a napkin or something to pick it up (gently) with, then put it outside. That way you're happy and the spider's in it's native territory.

ninjajr
ninjajr
56 posts
Nomad

If it was big kill it but if i was normal take it outside.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

If it was big kill it but if i was normal take it outside.

I take it you're a democrat?

Anyways, taking them outside is just a pain. So much easier to throw something at it and put it in the trash.
LegendaryRedriders
LegendaryRedriders
75 posts
Nomad

[b]KILL IT KILL IT

nah just kidding leave the spidey alone unless its bigger then ur palm, then u got a problem

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Just put it on a piece of cloth or something and let it outside. No big problem. Everything has a right to live.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

keep it as a pet it will keep other bugs away

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

just a little anti-semetic towards

Anti-semetic means that it relates to the hating of Jews.

Unless you're from the future, I would just kill it, insects don't experience pain the way we do. If you are from the future, don't kill it, remember the butterfly effect.
Showing 1-15 of 33