ForumsThe TavernSpider in my room: should I kill it?

33 12717
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I'm not aracnophobic, just a little anti-semetic towards any creature with more than 4 limbs that infringes on my territory, especially before bed when it could be crawling on me while I sleep. Some may argue that it's wrong and inhumane to kill any living thing, no matter how small. Others may say that death is a natural part of life. What are your thoughts/opinions/beliefs on the subject?

• 33 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

What would be the point of killing it if you considered the butterfly effect if you're from the past? Don't kill it, because you will be from the future soon enough.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I say you move the spider. It's a great idea. Less bugs, and you don't have to kill a spider.

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Unlike the majority, I usually kill it. I find no use for keeping it around and I hate them in the first place. There's many more out there, killing a few wont make a difference.

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

Spiders are very useful to have around since they kill other bugs. So keep it. It won't crawl over you when you sleep, he's too scared of you.

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

It won't crawl over you when you sleep, he's too scared of you

That's why a little one tried to crawl up my nose the other night?
Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

anti-semetic

That means you are racist against Jews...

Anyway, just kill the spider already. It's a spider. There are plenty of them. Its life is so short that it's insignificant anyway. Or you could take it outside.

It won't crawl over you when you sleep, he's too scared of you

I've had a spider crawl on my face before when I was trying to get to sleep...
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

I don't know, it's up to you. What I do know is that it would take a whole lot less time to make up your mind then posting an entire thread and then waiting for people too respond.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

@kineticNinja

i think the point of the thread is not to answer his question, but just how would you with the problem and why.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I was seriously going to comment on how ridiculous this thread was until I read the OP, which provided a decent explanation so kudos.

One very important question: How did you know the spider was Jewish?

I'd say it was up to you, I tend to kill them, but that's just because I get chills every time I think about going to sleep near anything with multiple legs that crawl into my nose or mouth. If they're outside, I ignore them, not my house, not my problem.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

What I do know is that it would take a whole lot less time to make up your mind then posting an entire thread and then waiting for people too respond.

I think Emperor wants to know our thoughts about it not let us decide for him...

Anyway I ussally let him crawl on a piece of paper and then take it outside and dump it.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Anyway, just kill the spider already. It's a spider. There are plenty of them. Its life is so short that it's insignificant anyway. Or you could take it outside.

The same could be said about you. Why is your life any more significant then it's?

*shudder* it's the worst feeling

What would be the point of killing it if you considered the butterfly effect if you're from the past? Don't kill it, because you will be from the future soon enough.

wut
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

How did you know the spider was Jewish?

It had one of those hats on (Can't remember the name atm >.&lt

wut

Just smile and nod, the bad man will go away soon.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It had one of those hats on (Can't remember the name atm >.&lt

It's called a Kippah or Yamaka.
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

*shudder* it's the worst feeling

I had a spider crawling around on my neck for about 2 minutes without even realizing it hanging of my jacket and i freaked out and stomped on it a couple times. XD
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Bad man?! Since when was I a bad man? Oh right. The second I became a villain.

Showing 16-30 of 33