ForumsThe Tavernwhat do you think, what is normal?

41 8323
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

does an universal-normality exist? or does someone say what normal is and what now? why? and what is normal/unnormal for you?

• 41 Replies
ComradeWolf
ComradeWolf
358 posts
Nomad

Normal will vary where you are and who you spend time with.

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Dictionary says. Other than that? I really do not know.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

sorry for double post, i found a spelling error.

@CalvinKidd137 yeah but who says that its so? the human. without the human the tree would have no name. only humans uses words to describe something so they can it better understand. if there is something or someone who can not be understand, then he/she/it is dreaded. you must then adapt to others or you are a lone wolf. or they bully you because they do not understand you.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

Sure there's a dictionary definition, but i think normal is someones perspective and therefore depends on the situation and individual.

Some people would consider it normal to kill people based on race. I personally would find that abnormal.

Many people would say it's always better to be different, but yet again, many people would find it normal to think killing people based on race is bad - to be different would be normal to the individual: is it better to be different?

Everyone goes on about different being good. Or normal being good.
Simple as: just stick to your own beliefs on it and understand that others have different opinions.

http://www.funnycoolstuff.com/images/abnormal-egg.jpg

Abnormal? ^

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

just stick to your own beliefs on it and understand that others have different opinions.

that goes with normal, too. for some people its normal to make love to kindergarten kids. for me not.

darkflame12
darkflame12
33 posts
Nomad

If everyone was abnormal no one would be.

[quote]that goes with normal, too. for some people its normal to make love to kindergarten kids. for me not.

Why would you even bring that up sicko.

SneakR
SneakR
88 posts
Bard

NORMAL IS NOTHING BUT THE SETTING ON A WASHING MACHINE.

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

Nobody is normal.
We're all different, in so many different way..

that goes with normal, too. for some people its normal to make love to kindergarten kids. for me not.

What he says makes sense.
Think of all the people out there who believe this is normal, people who enjoy doing things like that.
He's not a sicko, he's simply stating the truth.
alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

i agree with R3LOAD nobodys normal.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Normal is a word that is comparative; based on varying degrees of awareness.

No-one is unique, and everyone is unique.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

What he says makes sense.
Think of all the people out there who believe this is normal, people who enjoy doing things like that.
He's not a sicko, he's simply stating the truth.

maybe i chose the false example. i do not like violence, but for some people it is normall to murder. think of all the terrorists.

We're all different, in so many different way..

No-one is unique, and everyone is unique.

so true......but for some people (a group) it is not normal if they see something what the dont understand. the some people fear what they dont understand and they form groups to feel safe and strong. i think thats the reason why a group attacks one lonely guy/girl.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

You can certainly put parameters on what is normal.

-Extroverted
-Likes some form of music
-Has some form of belief
-Average Intelligence
-Not poor or rich
-Heterosexual
-Public Schooling

Most people would fit into all of these categories I would think.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

You can certainly put parameters on what is normal.

no you cant. its like you want to say a shark can breathe on land only you say so. if its so easy to say whats normal and what not we would live in a dictatorship.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

no you cant.

Did you even read anything after that?

Who do you know that doesn't like some sort of music? I bet you have met no more than 2-3 people who do not like ANY music.

Who do you know that doesn't have "some" sort of belief in something? I would guess that less than 10% of anyone you've ever met has no religious/superstitious beliefs.

How many people do you know who are really smart or mentally retared? I would guess less than 5% of anyone you've ever met fit into this.

How many people do you know who are rich or really poor? Depending on where you live/your own economical standing this could be either very high or low on both ends.

How many people do you know who are homosexual? I bet less than 10 people.

How many people do you know who go to a private school? Again depending on whether or not you go to a private school this could vary greatly. If you're public schooled, I would guess very few people.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Did you even read anything after that?

Who do you know that doesn't like some sort of music? I bet you have met no more than 2-3 people who do not like ANY music.

Who do you know that doesn't have "some" sort of belief in something? I would guess that less than 10% of anyone you've ever met has no religious/superstitious beliefs.

How many people do you know who are really smart or mentally retared? I would guess less than 5% of anyone you've ever met fit into this.

How many people do you know who are rich or really poor? Depending on where you live/your own economical standing this could be either very high or low on both ends.

How many people do you know who are homosexual? I bet less than 10 people.

How many people do you know who go to a private school? Again depending on whether or not you go to a private school this could vary greatly. If you're public schooled, I would guess very few people.

1. thats right, anyone likes at least one genre or a few songs, but what is with deaf people? are they not normal because they can not hear ANY music?

2. depends what you call god is. god could be a stone or an animal. how can i now that there is a god how they describe god if i have never seen god? maybe god is a tree, who nows? i know it when i meet god and then i can ask him/her/it some questions.

3. define inteligence. what do you think is inteligent? do you know the story about the young genius and the young "dumb" farmer boy? they two met once in a forest and before someone could say a word a wild bear appeared. the farmer boy draw on his sneaker. the young genius wispered: running away doesnt help. the farmer boy wispered back: i must only run faster than you. besides this story i have seen many mentally and/or bodilliy handicaped people.

4. so it is not normal that the people in afrika are poor? are they not normal and freaks because they are poor?

sure, the most people are between rich and poor, sure that nearly everyone hears some music but everyone beliefes in a way in god or in something else if its not a good and anyone on the earth is inteligent (some more than others) but only there is someone more inteligent than you means not your dumb. anyone is different and unique in some way. the way we look, think, what we do, what we like or dislike, all that makes us different.

Showing 16-30 of 41