ForumsThe Tavernwhat do you think, what is normal?

41 8320
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

does an universal-normality exist? or does someone say what normal is and what now? why? and what is normal/unnormal for you?

• 41 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

1. thats right, anyone likes at least one genre or a few songs, but what is with deaf people? are they not normal because they can not hear ANY music?

No, they are not the norm. They could be otherwise perfectly normal, but the majority of the population has use of all five senses. I'm not saying it's bad if you're not normal. (I myself am as far from normal as possible)

2. depends what you call god is. god could be a stone or an animal. how can i now that there is a god how they describe god if i have never seen god? maybe god is a tree, who nows? i know it when i meet god and then i can ask him/her/it some questions

I just said has a belief/superstition. That could be any thousands of religions down to believing rocks used to be alive. Some sort of belief was all I said.

3. define inteligence. what do you think is inteligent?

Would score the norm on an IQ test (100) withen one standard deviation (+ or - 10)

besides this story i have seen many mentally and/or bodilliy handicaped people.

Yes but comparatively you've seen at least 4 times the people who are not mentally handicapped. For example, in my High school, there was a student body of around 2,800. There were less than 12 mentally handicapped students.

4. so it is not normal that the people in afrika are poor?

Different situations have different norms.

anyone is different and unique in some way. the way we look, think, what we do, what we like or dislike, all that makes us different.

Yes everyone is different or unique in some way. However, as I have now said 2 times, there are parameters for normal.

are they not normal and freaks because they are poor?

You seem to have it stuck in your head that there's two things.

1) "Normal" is bad
2) Everyone is special

Neither of these are true. Normal is just a word for describing the most common. "Special" should be a word reserved for those truly outstanding. Someone who lives a life of just being born, going to school, getting married, having kids, working until retirement, and then eventually dying did not lead a special life. They certainly lead a unique one, but there was nothing special about it. Again, i'm not saying it's bad to not be special or normal.
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

To be considered "normal", there needs to be something to define it. So, no, I don't believe there is a universal normality.

DaemonVeril
DaemonVeril
217 posts
Peasant

I believe that it would be impossible for anything to be normal, because nothing among the universe (with the exception of math((midnighters))) is never-changing. I really believe that normal is a word created by the corrupt who would wish to put others down so they feel they need to buy, to make themselves what those who are corrupt call normal.

Snakesballz
Snakesballz
168 posts
Nomad

normality cannot exist universally, because normality will be based on what other people do, and howw do they know it is normal? if you ask me being 'normal' is being yourself

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

To be considered "normal", there needs to be something to define it.

Normal, Normal, and Normal.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

normal is only a word to describe something. why is a tree a tree? why is a mouse a mouse? the nature dont need words, only human do to describe and to understand something better. the world is a freak show and anybody is an actor in it.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

since it's not clear what normale precisly is. let's see what the most typical person looks like. enjoy =)

BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I came up with a lot of stuff, but I felt it made me sound too smart so I won't post it. I'll say, how people think, changes how they act. Everybody thinks different so everyone acts different. There is no such thing as normal, it's just a word.

alovera1
alovera1
510 posts
Peasant

normal pretty much no one is normal everybodys different. people are pretty stupid these days (no offense) i say there like isnt any such thing as normal your just who you are. I don't have much to say on this.

NarutoAwesomeness28
NarutoAwesomeness28
187 posts
Nomad

I don't think any of us are ever "normal" I think all people are a weird sometimes XD

Tobisper
Tobisper
407 posts
Nomad

There are times when people act stupid and other times when people just act weird. It's the way of life that many people don't understand.

Showing 31-41 of 41