ForumsThe TavernChildhood scares

37 3865
Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i think this topic would here but it might go in tavern...

every one has some kind of scares ar a youing child... not physical scares but rought times or something... but what i want to know if there are some Serious things some were... loke not " i saw my mom naked once" not that kind of things but REal things... and tips to get over them as well...

• 37 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

being attacked by dogs

I'm still plagued by that one, at least in dreams anyway. Luckily for me, there's no bad experience causing it like having really been attacked or having seen someone else get attacked, or it would be much worse. As soon as I see one in a dream, I'm like "I'm screwed!"
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

The thing that frightened me most was a recurring dream. I would be in a forest and wolves were chasing me. I'd come to a cliff with a water fall and a wolf would bite off my hand and i'd fall off the cliff. I would wake up then and my hand would be numb because I was laying on it.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm not sure if this thread has decided to stop being a chat thread, but the main thing i was afraid of was either the dark (that fear kept coming and going) or tight spaces (I was very claustrophobic). Now all i fear is fear it's self.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

demons, the devil, war, getting hit by a car, torture, drunk people, fat people, dead people, losing the ability to walk and thats all i can think of right now

I used to be afraid of the devil, demons, drunk people, tourture and losing the ability to walk.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

For my cousin who has long creepy hair and I didn't see much.

WolfWolf
WolfWolf
800 posts
Nomad

When I was about five my brother told me about the Skylab. He made up a story about aliens taking over the Skylab and that they were coming for us. He let me have a week of nightmares about me being eaten by aliens and then I decided that aliens weren't real. Then when I was in my bedroom the closet opened slowly and when I went to close it my brother came out in a alien costume and one of my toy water guns. After that incident I became afraid of aliens for two years.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

I used to be absolutely scared of thunderstorms until an incident when I was somewhere between 6 and 8. I was in a restaurant with my parents and another family we knew, and there was a storm to beat all going on outside. The other family's boy, who was about my age, was also really scared of the storm. At some point during that time, I realized "Hey, what am I worried about? Thunder's just noise, it's not going to hurt me any," and right then I stopped being afraid and was actually able to help the other kid with his fear too. Now, I actually enjoy thunderstorms.

Showing 31-37 of 37