ForumsGamesGeneral Raze 1 and 2 Discussion

377 120967
vinster132
vinster132
5,880 posts
Jester

I asked Frank if I made a Raze 2 thread will it be a dup? He said no. So yeah.

Anyway, you must be like "WHAT?" it's not on the new games on the home page, I know that. But when I was screwing around checking some stuff out on AG I found Raze 2. Here it is So far, it has great graphics and a decent campaign. Personally, it doesn't lag that much considering that I turn the quality to low.

• 377 Replies
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

No, I would say that the default shotgun is better, it's almost as efficient as a katana at close range and can shoot multiple shots in a row before reloading

PMLS18
PMLS18
38 posts
Shepherd

The Magnum is far better than any other Sidearm. It has great accuracy, rate of fire and range, and although little ammo, it's powerful. It could take out a person with 100% health and shield in 4-6 shots.

The Shotgun is good, but it has a slow rate of fire making it hard to handle at situations like two opponents approaching you. The Terminator, although a bit weaker, has faster rate of fire, longer range and better accuracy, making it more convenient (especially with Double Damage) The Terminator is more of a Mid-range weapon than a Close Range one.

I agree that the Katana is great, but don't choose it if you're not used to VERY CLOSE range fighting. In that case use the Static Field instead.

tom0000009
tom0000009
1,308 posts
Peasant

I don't really like the magnum that much. It doesn't have much ammo and I'm not good enough with accuracy to effectively use it's powerful headshot bonus. The particle cannon I'd say is not really that much of a close ranged weapon. It's bouncing ability and that the projectiles stay on screen for a while make it more of a medium ranged weapon like the terminator.

kingzach
kingzach
22 posts
Jester

The magnum really comes down to your accuracy. If you can get a head-shot 70% of the time, it's really nice. If you can only head-shot up to 50% of the time, stick with another side arm.
As far as abilities, it's really all about playing style. Static field is great for avoiding that last shot before he has to reload, re-lead is good if you find yourself out of your favorite ammo regularly. All the abilities are comparable, it's all about play style.

JamesWB
JamesWB
60 posts
Nomad

Any tips for the Alien mission the pickup , those robots are in cahoots with my aliens , I always lose it with a huge point gap.

PMLS18
PMLS18
38 posts
Shepherd

JamesWB, you can try to make a continuous cycle around the map, and capture any flag points your opponents have as you pass by them. The Static Field would be effective here, and pick the Rocket Launcher, Destroyer, Holy Grail, Terminator and Magnum. Use the Static Field if you want to capture a flag point but some opponents are chasing you. Use the Rocket Launcher or Holy Grail to a robot with full health, then immediately switch to the Destroyer and you should take him out easily. Just beware of their Railguns and Ion Cannons. The Terminator and Magnum are good to use to robots with half health. Always grab some shield and health. Hope that helps.

JamesWB
JamesWB
60 posts
Nomad

Thanks PMLS18, your method worked I have a question on equipment, what sort of combos would be best suited for missions.

Major101
Major101
26 posts
Farmer

how do you use the katana

optimusinferior
optimusinferior
28 posts
Nomad

how do you use the katana

Press f near an opponent.

Anyway, I miss the old Raze's music. Does anyone else?
Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,914 posts
Nomad

Not really. Raze 2 has songs that I like to listen to. But what I'm about to say goes with both; I always listen to music while playing Raze.
xBlazedx
xBlazedx
11 posts
Nomad

Nah, new music is more awesome.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Raze 1's music was good, but I have to agree that Raze 2's is orders of magnitude greater!

One suggestion for Raze 3 though: Make the "Rapid Fire" powerup another color, maybe green. Both it and the shield are gold, and that can become confusing when you have both and one times out or is shot off. It also makes it difficult when trying to determine an enemies' current capabilities on the move.

PMLS18
PMLS18
38 posts
Shepherd

I just noticed that...
No AI in the whole game uses a Golder Mauser or Credit Cannon.
No AI in Campaign uses an Electrobolt.
No AI in Quick Match uses the Resupply or Teleport.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

[quote=PMLS18]No AI in the whole game uses a Golder Mauser[/quote]
No. Go to Quick Match, set weapons to starters. Then one of the AI's will have the Golden Mauser.

macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Raze 2 is so much better than raze 1. I don't even play raze 1 anymore.

Showing 301-315 of 377