ForumsPopular MediaStar Wars - General Discussion

115 33365
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

This thread will be for just anything strwars related.
It will save you the trouble of making a different thread.
You can start conversations on movies,games,shows etc.
and for any picture posters that might want to share some cool pictures.

• 115 Replies
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

alright if no one can strt a conversation. I'll start one,lets see...hmm,howbout wich starwars duel was the most epic?

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
926 posts
Peasant

A thread about Star Wars does not interest me, but... since you seem desperate.

starwars duel was the most epic?

Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker. Father vs Son? How much better can it get. [ep6]
When they versed Darth Maul that was pretty good too. [ep1]
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

starwars duel was the most epic?

Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker would have to be the best.
Close second is Darth Vader vs Obi.

What do you think about the line added in the BluRay version?
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

I actually havent seen the bluray yet.
anyways,I thnk the duel beetween darth vader and obi-wan
(on mustafar,ep.3) was definately the most epic.
128javier
128javier
3 posts
Nomad

starwars is number 3 out of my fav of movies saga

RikJimmy00
RikJimmy00
240 posts
Nomad

starwars is number 3 out of my fav of movies saga

I find starwars really entertaining but my first one would be balto
jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

Chewbacca vs Han Solo, that would be a great fight, man.
Chewbacca will win!

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

What's your thoughts on the "Han shot first" debate? In the original release, Han simply fried Greedo and walked away. Some people complained that he looked like a bad guy for murdering someone. Lucas decided to make Greedo fire a shot and awkwardly miss from point blank range to make it seem more like self defense, to imply that he had no choice but to kill him.

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Were it in my power I would bludgeon Lucas over the head with a blunt object, probably a tire iron.

Lucas's attempts to "improve" upon his classics sickens me. Vader's silence as he throws The Emperor to his death is much more provoking than dubbing it over with some cheesey half baked line of an exagerated "no".

As for editing the scene where Han is supposed to shoot first, did no one say, "Hey that looks really freaking retarded!" Not only is the editing shoddy, and the premise completely unrealistic considering the distance between Greedo and Han, it goes counter to Han's character! Han is not your typical good guy, he relies on expedience and the fact that he's out for his own interests. Han is someone who shoots first and asks questions later.

Lucas does nothing but milk the hell out of his Star Wars franchise, and really, when are people going to learn that the more he "improves" it the worse it actually gets. I didn't bother buying any of the "improved" versions, because I'm not stupid enough to support his work.

I'm still kicking myself for paying to see the newest Indiana Jones movie...
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Vader's silence as he throws The Emperor to his death is much more provoking than dubbing it over with some cheesey half baked line of an exagerated "no".

I agree entirely. Actions speak louder than words. Words take away from those actions.

Here's the original scene

Here's the Blu-ray edit.
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Ya, me too.
Han is someone who shoots first and asks questions later.

Plus, there could be a reason for shooting Greedo that was just not in the movie. Makes you wonder why Han shot Greedo. But with Greedo shooting first it takes that away.

Any of you read the books?
frisko12
frisko12
420 posts
Nomad

Not really,none of them really interest me.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

I've got the original trilogy book (all 3 in 1) and I've read it. There's some minor differences such as that mistake in IV where Han says the Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than 12 'arsecs'. A parsec is a measure of distance. In the book, it was originally 12 'standard timeparts' but apparently 'arsecs' sounded cooler so that's what they used in the movie.
Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

Were it in my power I would bludgeon Lucas over the head with a blunt object, probably a tire iron.
Lucas's attempts to "improve" upon his classics sickens me. Vader's silence as he throws The Emperor to his death is much more provoking than dubbing it over with some cheesey half baked line of an exagerated "no".
As for editing the scene where Han is supposed to shoot first, did no one say, "Hey that looks really freaking retarded!" Not only is the editing shoddy, and the premise completely unrealistic considering the distance between Greedo and Han, it goes counter to Han's character! Han is not your typical good guy, he relies on expedience and the fact that he's out for his own interests. Han is someone who shoots first and asks questions later.
Lucas does nothing but milk the hell out of his Star Wars franchise, and really, when are people going to learn that the more he "improves" it the worse it actually gets. I didn't bother buying any of the "improved" versions, because I'm not stupid enough to support his work.

I agree with you 100%. Have you heard the new Krayt Dragon call? I am appalled! So many changes, why change it? Besides money. They call these "improvements" and yet, all they have done is ruin something great.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Have you heard the new Krayt Dragon call? I am appalled!

So am I. It reminds me of Goofy's Yell

original vs blu ray comparison here
Showing 1-15 of 115