ForumsThe TavernLongest active user - without a hiatus

44 7228
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

So a conversation I had with someone the other day brought up an interesting question, who is the longest active user of Armorgames.

Now, I'm not asking who has the oldest account, because that would be easy to answer. I want to know who has been using armor games for the longest amount of time with no hiatus.

So for example, Bill joined in 2008, but he hasn't been here in two years, and suddenly came back. He is not the user where looking for because he was inactive for a long period of time. We're looking for a user who has been here, and active for a long period of time.

So, lets here who you guys think.

• 44 Replies
auggy2627liveca
auggy2627liveca
347 posts
Shepherd

It's most likely firetail madness. It might not seem like it, but if you click his profile every day, he's still getting points.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

That would be ArmorGames, who joined on November 14th, 2007.

Oh, thanks for answering the question he didn't ask.

It's most likely firetail madness. It might not seem like it, but if you click his profile every day, he's still getting points.

He has been mostly inactive for a very long time.

I haven't been here myself until a couple of months ago so I'll just nominate you Skater *dumps confetti on Skater*
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I haven't been here myself until a couple of months ago so I'll just nominate you Skater *dumps confetti on Skater*

I don't think that's the right answer. skater_kid_who_pwns seems too inconsistent to me. I have been on the forums pretty consistently since late March, with the exception of a couple of temp-bans and a recent grounding that kept me out for part of September.
mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

Well any user can be "active" just not in the forums. Like Jim has been active for 3 years and hasn't commented in the forums since a year ago, but he rates games everyday.

RikJimmy00
RikJimmy00
240 posts
Nomad

Well any user can be "active" just not in the forums. Like Jim has been active for 3 years and hasn't commented in the forums since a year ago, but he rates games everyday.

thats true

I don't think that's the right answer. skater_kid_who_pwns seems too inconsistent to me. I have been on the forums pretty consistently since late March, with the exception of a couple of temp-bans and a recent grounding that kept me out for part of September

what you mean with inconsistent?
mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

inconsistent

inconsistent- not consistent in principles, conduct, etc.: He's so inconsistent we never know if he'll be active or not.

He basically is active for a couple of months then not active.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

We should first define how long a hiatus is. I've been on consistently, with taking no longer than a week break (bans excluded) since early January 2009. I would imagine that puts me in the top 10, at least here on the forums, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think that's the right answer. skater_kid_who_pwns seems too inconsistent to me. I have been on the forums pretty consistently since late March, with the exception of a couple of temp-bans and a recent grounding that kept me out for part of September.

Bro, you 2011 babies aren't even close.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

That someone is me Skater, can't even remember? Haha.

Bro, you 2011 babies aren't even close.

Yep....Skater, you were saying Graham?

Wait....has everyone forgotten Cen?
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I have been on the forums pretty consistently since late March, with the exception of a couple of temp-bans and a recent grounding that kept me out for part of September.

Stop flattering yoursel. You weren't even around last year.

Wait....has everyone forgotten Cen?

Hasn't Cen taken a break at one point?

--

Now really, I've taken lots of hiatuses in the past so I'm a definite exclusion to the list. It has been around 44 months since I first signed up for AG... and I've spend 17 of those months on hiatus.

I can't be sure about the longest period of activity without a hiatus, since I took a few myself. Barring that, I haven't seen many of the old users sustain a continued presence these days. I guarantee virtually all the regulars who were here a few years ago have now either left, went dormant or lessened their activity.

I'm pretty sure Firetail wins the prize for consistency though.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Hasn't Cen taken a break at one point?

Really? :P I was on my third hiatus, so I wouldn't know maybe. Plus, that just disqualified me.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It depends on the definition of hiatus. I have had my comments closed for various periods of time because I wouldn't be online much, and I have declared vacations once in a while either due to actually vacations (and therefore lack of internet access) or due to writing papers.
I can't say I am very good at keeping away, mainly because I get annoyed that the forums end up looking disorderly really fast.

So, if the definition here is "Break from internet for any period of time", I won't qualify.
If it means "Break from internet without checking in at all for a week+" then I have never left.

I don't know anyone who seems to be entirely consistent. And those who might have had breaks due to being banned > >

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I don't know anyone who seems to be entirely consistent. And those who might have had breaks due to being banned > >

Ouch touche. I haven't been banned lalalala~~
Is Zega still alive and kicking? Or Plokkey.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I haven't seen any of them in quite a while. Generally, a lot of users that was real active a year or so back kinda grew silent when AG3 was announced.
Same goes for Zophia, though she wasn't that active in the first place. Strop got busy with his job...

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Same goes for Zophia, though she wasn't that active in the first place. Strop got busy with his job...

I know she takes qutie a few breaks...And lots of the other mods are gone too right? Uber, Devoidless, Estel...That's sad. And Strop too....

Well at least you're still here
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I've always been told that a temp-ban can be anywhere from 1-14 days. Making it longer would therefore require a perma-ban then an unban at a later date. You claimed to know of a 31-day temp-ban. Was it the use of the temp-ban control or was it a perma-ban control that should've been unbanned after 31 days? If it's the former, then how could a 31-day temp-ban be done.

Guys does it matter? Just stay on the nice side of the mods and don't mess up lalalala~~

Back on topic. I don't think any of the Top Ten qualify...they're all.....gone.
Showing 1-15 of 44