ForumsThe TavernLongest active user - without a hiatus

44 7229
skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

So a conversation I had with someone the other day brought up an interesting question, who is the longest active user of Armorgames.

Now, I'm not asking who has the oldest account, because that would be easy to answer. I want to know who has been using armor games for the longest amount of time with no hiatus.

So for example, Bill joined in 2008, but he hasn't been here in two years, and suddenly came back. He is not the user where looking for because he was inactive for a long period of time. We're looking for a user who has been here, and active for a long period of time.

So, lets here who you guys think.

• 44 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

It's hard for me to see who's actually remained 'active' (however this is defined) over all this time. I've declared that I'd be away for a number of days during exam periods and travel, but usually managed to log in at least once a week during these times. Work has made keeping up a lot larder this year, but I never really left. Then again I've been in this limbo state of "yes I intend to leave but I just haven't gotten around to it" for like over a year now so... but I'm still here. At least, I know I'm the longest serving moderator who hasn't taken a hiatus requiring demodding and remodding.

The name that comes to mind for me would be King "since Beta" Ryan, since while his activity has waxed and waned depending on school workload, I don't think he actually ever "took a big break". Right, KR?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

The name that comes to mind for me would be King "since Beta" Ryan, since while his activity has waxed and waned depending on school workload, I don't think he actually ever "took a big break". Right, KR?

Ain't here to respond to you! Hasn't replied in say 4 days? Or maybe I haven't posted....I can always hit him up on FB come to think of it.
pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

I've never officially had a hiatus, although I have taken a few breaks due to school. Just sayin'

pauler94
pauler94
2,513 posts
Nomad

Excuse the double post, but I don't think knight has ever taken a hiatus before. Most of the users I remember from 3 years ago when I joined are all either gone or took a break.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

[quote=Strop]The name that comes to mind for me would be King "since Beta" Ryan, since while his activity has waxed and waned depending on school workload, I don't think he actually ever "took a big break". Right, KR?[/quote]

I'd have to agree with you on that one, since I don't ever remember him taking a 'big hiatus'. Though, it'd help if he responded to your post like.. right now. Heh.

Excuse the double post, but I don't think knight has ever taken a hiatus before.

If you're talking about me I was away June 2008 to February 2009, April 2009 to July 2009 and September 2009 to February 2010.
the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

has anyone said kingryan?

cause i think kingryan.

he's not terribly active, but i don't remember him ever on official hiatus, and he's been here since beta.

kingbeta.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

That's evidence you're too lazy to read two pages of posts.

I have to say, his activity has waxed and waned quite a lot though.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

That's evidence you're too lazy to read two pages of posts.

oh, shut up, i missed like one post.

i'm sticking with kr.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I've almost been on once a day everyday since before I had an account, except for that one week I wasn't logged in but was still on Armor Games. Of course, most of the time I don't do anything visible, i.e. playing flash games and not posting/commenting/rating. So depending on your definition, anyone who's created an account after I did is automatically disqualified.

I've declared that I'd be away for a number of days during exam periods and travel, but usually managed to log in at least once a week during these times.

inorite
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

Since my registry, I only had that 2-3 month vacation to Alaska by RV packed with 8 angry people, so if anything I'm pretty up there on the list.

I was going to suggest starting AG3 a heck of a lot of people to start using Xfire to track how many hours they put into being on the site (if you care for such), so you can compare with others. That would kinda be perfect for this type of thread. However with constant updating, issues with new Firefox updates, little use, and general apathy towards actually turning it on, ~300 hours isn't nearly the amount of time I've really plugged into AG.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

I took a hiatus as soon as I joined.. only really coming back in April/May with the 8th grade schoolyear closing.

But since then, I'm here.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Well even though I know I can't be as good as Graham, Gantic, or any moderator or administrator since the first day I joined there has not been a single day that I was not online and i've been here for 4 months.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

It's totally not me. Because I haven't been on for the majority of this year same goes to late last year.

Graham, Gantic, or any moderator or administrator since

Graham isn't a mod, he's just that awesome.
Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

well ive been here for a little while but it cant be me because i took the summer off and only started on the fourms about a year ago firetail_madness have been here for a long time but id say one of the mods for sure because they stay here and surf the web for spam and trolls and stuff likee that

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

well I'm on the site everyday, but i don't post everyday, I'm not the most tho cause i do take like month long breaks every once in a while :P. i think i do good overall tho

Showing 16-30 of 44