ForumsThe TavernWould you Rather be Blind or Deaf?

63 10164
HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

Which do you think is worse? I would rather be blind.

• 63 Replies
Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

if you are blind you will never experience the joy of color or seeing the beauty in something, but if you are deaf, you have the inablility to speak, and have very little balance due to the inner ear organ being unable to function. both really suck, but I'd do deaf because there's at least a surgical option for solving that problem.

RikJimmy00
RikJimmy00
240 posts
Nomad

i prefer been deaf...i could not live without my vision, just dark noo just of thinking it horrible

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

i think blind because its awesome when your blind and every one can see it and you get a cool cane

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

With blindness you cut off all major forms of communication over distance (unless you develop some sort of echo-location).

I'd do deaf, because I can just learn sign language and read subtitles.

IfYouInsist
IfYouInsist
259 posts
Nomad

I would rather be deaf because if I was blind it would make life a lot more difficult.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

id be deaf. exactly because of what graham said. the only thing that wold be a shame is not hearing music anymore but in the future, im sure seeing the people i love will be more important to me then hearing them

Omnihero10
Omnihero10
2,515 posts
Nomad

i would rather be blind... from birth. some people have developed a sort of sonar by clicking there tounges. they cant sprint full speed but can ride bicks at a certin speed. you could still have a conversaion with people and what not but work would be kinda difficult. and you could fix blindness by having a camera implanted to the optical nerves. AMB vision... and the best part... you could have any i mean ANT kind of vision... Heat,Night Color, even x-ray( but the kinda you get from the doctor

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

Deaf, because I could just write what I'm "saying" or just do sign language.

eddyalex
eddyalex
307 posts
Nomad

I would be Deaf because i would rather have the ability to see beautiful things, and hearing aids exist, and i have long hair so it wont really show.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

I think I would prefer deaf, though I could get along just fine blind.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

Being blind might be more interesting, since it would mean refining all my other senses and discovering a lot of new sensations instead of keep using sight as the main.

jayjay9
jayjay9
485 posts
Peasant

A movie: See no Evil, Hear No Evil.
It's a video about a blind man, and a deaf person. And it shows that both things is "the same".
But i rather be Deaf. Cause Deaf people can lip-read.
(the deaf person in the movie, can live a "normal" life with lip-reading)

thekingoftheworld
thekingoftheworld
32 posts
Nomad

i rather want to be deaf than blind becouse if i can't see i don't know where i'm going. and read with out my hands it's way easier to sign with your hands

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

(the deaf person in the movie, can live a "normal" life with lip-reading

i think that lip-reading is way harder then what you have to learn when your blind.
but i rather be deaf also because signing is easyer then what you have to learn when your deaf =P
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

erm... deaf = blind in 2nd sentence ofcours =)

Showing 1-15 of 63