ForumsThe TavernWhat do you want to be when you grow up?

76 10527
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Im hoping to either be a game designer for this website, for its my favorite, or have a doctorate in engineering and some degree in achitecture. You?

• 76 Replies
JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

What do I want to be? Well, I want to be a...

... hey, wait up. I AM grown up!

*checks mirror*

Aw, shoot. This wasn't it.

Okay, seriously. I didn't have much of a clue. I guessed I wanted to be a published writer of children's books, maybe novelist or scriptwriter or screenwriter. Still do, in fact.

Now I'm a kindergarten ESL teacher. But hey, I'm still alive. That writing deal isn't a lost dream yet.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I'll have a job that involves numbers, like an accountant or something.

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Thats cool, Whats ESL mean? Oh by the way, nothings a lost dream unless you give up on it!

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

Whats ESL mean?

English as a Second Language. He teaches English to those who don't. Like most Americans learn Spanish as a second language.
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Ohhh ok now I understand, well kinda, thanks though.

JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

Thats cool, Whats ESL mean? Oh by the way, nothings a lost dream unless you give up on it!

ESL: English, Second Language. I teach Chinese kiddies basic words to open their hearts, minds, and ears to the lingo. Takes high energy and patience, but it's lots of fun.
JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

Dang it! eatmydust166 ninja'd me. But yeah, what he said.

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Oh now I completely understand thank you very much and thats a cool sounding job.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

I will become a fantasy author. Notice I didn't use the word 'want' because I will achieve this. o.O

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

Well, I would like to be a photographer or journalist for a news paper.

JellyBear
JellyBear
229 posts
Nomad

Well, I would like to be a photographer or journalist for a news paper

I hate journalism. I am taking journalism as one of my courses and I am so bad at it. I'm good at writing, much better than other students my age, but for some reason I just can't get down journalism. ):
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

In school everyone said I could write better than the guy/girl who writes the Harry Potter books, Im serious they did. I kinda of agreed with them because nobody in there had a good a story as me, I knew how to spell all words, or most of the English vocab (well kind of) and I had awesome grammar, punctuation spelling on and on and on. I might be studying writing in college because of that.

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

when i was a kid it was a police officer now i want to be a game programmer because thats what i am currently and have been sense i was 4 years old..a gamer

thekingoftheworld
thekingoftheworld
32 posts
Nomad

some thing in aviation/space programes

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I want to be a graphic designer or computer engineering or computer science.

Showing 1-15 of 76