ForumsNews and FeedbackHas anybody noticed...

57 14653
jerrymouse295
jerrymouse295
6 posts
Nomad

Armor Games v3 sounds like Kongregate. The search is like Kong and I heard something about ACHIEVEMENTS. I don't know, but another gaming website that I've been to has something very similar that...

• 57 Replies
MoonlaughMaster
MoonlaughMaster
5 posts
Nomad

If they're planning on making a major change then they're butchering what beta is for. Alpha is what all the big changes are for. By beta, the design should be locked in, and they should be ironing out all the little bugs.

And for the record, I don't think that a tilde is ever used as end punctuation.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Your speaking as if they're releasing AG3 in a week; they're going to take as much time as possible for beta to improve it and add what they want to it. You're also speaking as if they are going to completely ignore the users and what they want to see in AG3.

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

@MoonlaughMaster Only the home page has been released. Saying it looks just like Kong. is wrong. There will be many new features added. Along with the profile pages I am sure not everything will look like kong. though.

And for the record, I don't think that a tilde is ever used as end punctuation

There was no reason to correct his grammar.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

moonlaughtmaster, please no name calling! i am no "fanboy" i am a regular! also i see you only have 5 posts, clearly you have not been actively helping AG beta! i was in AG beta at the first time i could(private beta). also AG never had an Alpha, they had: closed beta, private beta, and open beta.

also, as a dev, i would like to piont out that most of the home page and "looks" of is images and set up, i can be changed easyer than you think, will they do that the first time you guys who don't like it say its bad, NO , you must be pationt.

also if you look at my post with reason:

uhm, i see them but some what, i see a AWESOME AG website and the "did you make that site in html 3.2?( we at html 5 now)" kong,
but geuss what, kong suports AG, so there is little compition, also for a lot of AG game you have to be on AG to use features(highscore,sign,multi severs,ect.). also did every one read the words saying BETA? not to be rude but so times i don't think people understand BETA.
also AG is internal better by a lot! it is faster, sleecker, and more powerfull.
basicly AG is BETTER than kong no matter what!

the first line is a joke,LOL -_-, then second and third are FACT, YES FACT! the last line is an opinion but is based on fact, you are denying fact as opinion.

also a lot of game site have this set up, Adictive games, newgroung is some what alike, and more, i don't see the copyrights on it and i see AG doing the best job at this desiegn! as a dev i see not just pictures but the internal stuff (press F12 to see the HTML of a site) AG is a very nice "java changes HTML" site, is very sleek and up to date i see. most of the overs are not so.

[sarcasm] thanks for the insults the just made me such a better person! [sarcasm
DragonArcherZ_Kong_
DragonArcherZ_Kong_
2 posts
Nomad

Seriously? You guys think they're gonna change the design in beta? You guys have the intellect of an 8 year old. This is in beta for goodness sake. It's not to totally redo it, it's to fix stuff up.

And then, you guys are defending ArmorGames layout by saying it will change. Course it will change, but the changes will be minor and the concept/design will still be the same.

Can't you see this for what it is? The scrolling is similar, with an image of the game, a name, and a description.
There's both 2 columns below it, with Hot New Games and Reccommended Games/Good Games To Try/Editor Reckons This Is Awesome Column.
See that they both have titles and they have a see all button, with a couple of games listed?

Also, typical forum for Kong:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming

And here's yours:
http://armorgames.com/community/forum/52/armor-games-v3/

Seem similar? If you can't see how Armorgames is ripping Kong off, then your blind. It's so obvious.

We'll be fighting our case here.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/3-general-gaming/topics/211551-armorgames-ripping-off-kongregate

DragonArcherZ_Kong_
DragonArcherZ_Kong_
2 posts
Nomad

Wow, and your comparing Kong and Armorgames to Newgrounds? Seriously? Give me 5 major things that are similar.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Some Armor Gamers:
Armor Games is better because of the color scheme.

Some Kongregators:
Armor Games sucks now because they have a similar homepage to the gaming site I frequent and prefer, so let me go over there and try to argue how we are better.

What I basically got from the Kongregators is that they want to senselessly argue because Armor Games has a similar homepage. And what I've gathered from Armor Gamers is that the site is automatically better because of the color scheme.

Yeah, okay. How about stopping the silly fanboy war? It obviously isn't going to accomplish anything. But you know what will? Offering some criticism about how they can improve and change. And yeah, I know you're going to try to argue how they won't change the background because you don't think so, but they probably will considering they have multiple times now.

Also, they actually listen to the users complaints about it, but not when there's a fanboy war about which site is good and which is bad. They probably want users to be satisfied rather than complaining about it a lot. And since some users have taken the liberty to offer some constructive criticism about it on GetSatisfaction, I think the AG developers will consider it. If you look at the beta sites homepage you'll see the new games section is very small, and since we are not like Kongregate and let anyone upload a flash game (Armor Games actually tests them and decide if they are good enough to be on the site) they'll most likely consider changing that section and probably the others as well.

Yes, we know it's similar, some of us have said it throughout this thread multiple times, other threads, and even on AG's GetSatisfaction page.

Have fun with your "case" or whatever you're trying to do, it's not like this is the first time a site has a similar page to another. And from what I've read in several threads on Kongregate, it's just a few users that are angry about Armor Games having a similar homepage, and just want to argue for the sake of arguing. I haven't seen a Kong administrator post about it in any of the threads I've seen, so they probably don't care since they are not childish enough to senselessly argue about how one site has a similar background to another.

jayjay9
jayjay9
487 posts
Peasant

It's that that much like Kongregate, but i hope there will be achievements , then it will be a little bit easier to earn points.

TheGhostGun
TheGhostGun
1 posts
Nomad

I am a person who uses Kongregate. I also think it's a little better but that's maybe because I've joined here yesterday, and in Kong in Oct. 2009.

Kong has gotten a major layout change from what it was in the end of September, splitting into three (four if original is counted) layouts used among the community, but it's merely a test. I believe that sooner or later, they'll make one of the layouts for everyone.

I've not used AG much, but it appears to be little similar to Kong. It still isn't actually copying Kong's layout.

My opinion is that Kong had a little better layout (the original) than AG's. :P

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

People at kongregate are giggling at our ag3 forum with 17/20 sticky threads... and it's so true. Showing only 3 user topics is the best way to kill every discussion.

kathyyyyyy
kathyyyyyy
2 posts
Nomad

Ghost. I like both sites. There is no real case, just armorgames should come up with their own ideas. I find it disappointing and just lacking integrity to copy your direct competition.

It feels silly when it is so similiar.

Greg
Greg
5 posts
Nomad

I don't think anyone who works at Kongregate cares about any layout similarities.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I have to agree, the layout for AG is a lot like Kongregate's layout. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of other gaming sites also had similar layouts.

Personally, the top half of the sites don't feature enough new games. The thumbnails on both sites are much too big and take up too much space. The bottom half of the sites, in my opinion, feel very cluttered. So instead of getting the satisfaction of having a bunch of games in front of you in an easily noticeable fashion, you have either too few games or a mess.

I would like to see the new AG reorganized so that the homepage would be more easy to navigate without becoming an eye sore.

Anyway, to settle everything, yes, both sites have similar layouts. I doubt the layout is unique to Kongregate though and honestly I don't think it really matters.

kathyyyyyy
kathyyyyyy
2 posts
Nomad

@NoName It is unique. Kong has went through many changes and was the original with that layout. Many other sites have copied it(although none are as well known as armorgames).

It doesn't really matter, I just find it silly that the armorgames 3 was hyped so much and ended up being a copy though.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

There's a difference between copied and having similar ideas. AG didn't steal Kong's layout. We just made it look similar and pretty much the same idea. That's not copying/stealing/plagiarizing.

But I still agree with Nemo (Noname) on this. I like this (AG2) simple layout and very easy to browse through.

Showing 16-30 of 57