ForumsThe Tavern[dup]The 'War' Thread.

8 1908
schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Why do we have war. I understand WWII because after WWI Germany was able to make Japan bomb Pearl Harbor. I just dont understand why we would have war because it causes all this pain and death and destruction. Why?

• 8 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

You're telling me you can't think of one reason someone would want to fight with someone else?

schuetteg6
schuetteg6
270 posts
Nomad

Well theres plenty of reasons to fight. Just why would we cause all of this carnage just to prove a point or something?

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

Germany didn't make Japan bomb Pearl harbor. Japan bombed it to establish itself as the dominant Pacific power. That didn't really work out that well for them though. Germany never wanted America in the war to begin with. But yes, war is to prove a point, take territory, intimidation, and the obvious like greed and power. It's human nature to want more than we have and asking for something is easier when you have a big stick.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Well theres plenty of reasons to fight. Just why would we cause all of this carnage just to prove a point or something?

Because when you want something bad enough, you willing to through the most extreme measures to get it.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

And, continuing master's post, it is a lot easier to declare war on someone when you are not out on the front lines, especially if you want something urgently.

CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

Two problems:
One, this belongs in the World Events/Religion/Politics forum,
and two, it's a duplicate anyway. WERP already has a thread on this.

I suggest that you move your conversation to the aforementioned location before this thread gets locked by a Mod.

ShamrockG
ShamrockG
19 posts
Nomad

Because people get out of line, and sometimes they gotta be dealt with.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester
Showing 1-8 of 8