ForumsWEPRWhy do we need war?

154 35475
nitin007
nitin007
85 posts
Peasant

Why can't we just solve everything non-violently?

• 154 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I think there's a lot of reasons we go to war. None of them really good enough for me, but one reason is greed.

partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

because it's in the nature of all living (male) animals to fight and showoff what they can do to inpress others (females).

it's the reason why crickets are chirping
and why there is 1 dominant lion male per pack.
aswel for sport races and such.
and 2 guys fighting in a bar.
and also war.

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

Not really, the main reason is because someone wants one thing and another guy wants something else and since nobody is willing to let the other guy have what he wants instead of himself they fight over it.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

because it's in the nature of all living (male) animals to fight and showoff what they can do to inpress others (females).

yeah, i agree with dregus. I don't have the need to fight to impress girls.
partydevil
partydevil
5,129 posts
Jester

I don't have the need to fight to impress girls.

nha you guys get me wrong there. i don't mean those are the only options. there are many ways we use it. when you like a girl and you know she isn't seeing anyone and then you see some guy flirting whit here. you do not just let it go. i mean if you like the girl you atleast will join the conversation between the the 2 and try to get her to like you more over the other. no? and sometimes it just happens to become a fight because there is lots of disagreement whit eatch other.

also i didn't ment to say that it was always involving girls.
just having fun whit friends do some sports, playing board games or video games. they are all competitive things we do evry day.

the ultimate is war.
snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Many people would love to solve things peacefully. However, there are religions, or religious interpreters, who believe war is necessary to serve the religion. There are greedy people.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

also i didn't ment to say that it was always involving girls.
just having fun whit friends do some sports, playing board games or video games. they are all competitive things we do evry day.

oh, ok then yeah i agree.
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

I think war should be the last option. How do you get the most stubborn people to move? By force, or scaring them not through talking because they'll object every time.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Not really, the main reason is because someone wants one thing and another guy wants something else and since nobody is willing to let the other guy have what he wants instead of himself they fight over it.

Or they both want the same thing and someone didn't learn to share.
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

How do you share land?
Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

The thing is that nobody likes sharing. I bet you have refused to share many times. And imagine if it's over something big like the what the modern day countries fight over.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

How do you share land?

Someone gets this part. The other person gets the other. But they do it in a way that helps them out more or less fairly.
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

The thing is that nobody likes sharing. I bet you have refused to share many times. And imagine if it's over something big like the what the modern day countries fight over.

I don't mind sharing most of the time. If it can only help people then why not?
Sssssnnaakke
Sssssnnaakke
1,036 posts
Scribe

Dair your profile pick gets me messed up XD.
Anyways that splitting of land never works because there are so many variations like resources, geography, transportation, etc. And even if they do split that way will people really follow those borders?

Dregus2
Dregus2
492 posts
Blacksmith

I don't mind sharing most of the time. If it can only help people then why not?

I bet that there were many times like when you're sitting there and your little brother asks for some of your favorite candy, you wouldn't just say "oh sure" and the big countries fight over big stuff anyways. Nobody likes sharing.
Showing 1-15 of 154