ForumsThe TavernWhat math class do you take??

57 8541
CJohnson81
CJohnson81
36 posts
Nomad

I take Algebra II but its calculus at a college level.. makes sense right? But its pretty hard. Our teacher has a high demand which makes it pretty hard. Fortanutely, I have a 82 in that class

• 57 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I take Algebra II but its calculus at a college level.

What do you mean?

Last year, I took an "Algebra II" class, but the school I go to calls it Advanced Algebra. I took the Honors version, and I'm taking Honors Advanced Functions and Trigonometry this year.
CJohnson81
CJohnson81
36 posts
Nomad

What do you mean?

They call it Algebra II only because its Algebra I review the first quarter then second through third its calculus mixed with algebra II. But what we learn is calculus I at a college level.
eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I'm in plain ol' Geometry. I don't like to take advance classes, because that means I'd have to work harder.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I'm taking Algerbra 2/ trig. Not too hard I guess.

AceofSky
AceofSky
767 posts
Blacksmith

I take Algebra I. Right now that's a level higher than the normal pre-algebra classes your supposed to take at 8th grade. :P

Sarthra21
Sarthra21
1,078 posts
Nomad

I'm in Geometry Honors... I HATE PROOFS!

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
655 posts
Nomad

I take Pre Algebra now and next year I hope to make in into Algebra Honors :3

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

I agree with sarthra21 I hate proofs from geometry
though its not hard, all the proofs,laws and vocab make it sooo confusing.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

im not sure how to answer that... well first of all i just finished school (unfortunately) so ill talk about last year. we only have one subject that is called math and we study everything that is connected in that lesson. there are math groups: 1 point, 3points, 4points and 5points. the more points you do the higher the level is. i took the 5points class. last year we focused on logs, lans, e^x etc. functions, vectors and analitic geometry. thats pretty much what i can tell without a more specific question

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

We don't classify it, but I'm pretty sure it has the same content coverage as Advanced Algebra II and Trigo and more all rolled into one. Asian schools ftw I guess :/

When do you guys learn all these? I'm 17.

Type70item
Type70item
18 posts
Nomad

I'm stuck in the dreadingly boring (and simple) Pre-Algebra course at my college. I was forced to take it to get the credits i needed

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Trigonometry......it's pretty horrible.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I'm in Honors Pre-Calculus. (I win. ) It's actually not that hard so far.

maninfrontofthemask
maninfrontofthemask
95 posts
Jester

Intro to Differential Calculus
Linear algebra and Vectors
Both are first year university courses

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

University level math courses which are requirements of computer science major. Funny thing though by doing a Computer Science degree I will also do enough math courses to get a minor in math.

Discrete Mathematics II, Calculus II, Statistic and Linear Algebra from those above I don't know which one I hate most. Calculus and Discrete math. Probably Discrete math and it's half page proofs.

Showing 1-15 of 57