ForumsThe TavernWhat math class do you take??

57 8537
CJohnson81
CJohnson81
36 posts
Nomad

I take Algebra II but its calculus at a college level.. makes sense right? But its pretty hard. Our teacher has a high demand which makes it pretty hard. Fortanutely, I have a 82 in that class

• 57 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

lol what do you mean by what maths class do we take there is only one type of math's class isnt there lol.......?

Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Pre-Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Trig, Statistics, ect.
That's what it means.
recneps1337
recneps1337
453 posts
Nomad

lol what do you mean by what maths class do we take there is only one type of math's class isnt there lol.......?

Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, Pre-Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Trig, Statistics, ect.
That's what it means.

i have a fealing that he is still pre pre algebra
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I think they have Business math and economics.

Economical math? So... You just make stuff up and look important with all the numbers?

'I think the market will grow 5% today.'

*stocks crash*
j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

Canada has standardized classes until grade ten, so I'm taking general math.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Geometry. I'm not that good with the math classes in highschool, so I'm just taking whatever they assign me and barely passing them.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I love math. It is my favorite subject.

Right now I am in PreCalc/Trig and AP Statistics. I like both of them a lot and have an A in both. For Statistics I get credits to college because it is an AP class.

Next year I plan to take AP Calc AB. It is a semester of college Calc.

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I''m taking Alg II and I'm only in 9th grade!!!!

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

ugh I hate math. Currently I am in 8th Grade taking freshmen math, Algebra I, and our teacher doesn't teach. He just shows us how he does it, gives us atleast 40 problems on our math and says "good luck". During lecture though he gets off topic a lot so it's hard to follow him anyways.

JAMEZZS
JAMEZZS
50 posts
Nomad

yeah i'm in england and im doin all maths at A-Level. 'cept decision maths. I got an A at GCSE level but the syllabus is different to USA. I'm currently gettin Es-Cs at A-Level. At the moment we're doin plynomials and cubics.

Differentiation

f(x)=dy/dx

f'(x)=d^2y/dx^2

i.e. dy/dx=anx^(n-1)

d^2y/dx^2 is the second derivative

e.g.

y=6x^3+8x^2+16

dy/dx=18x^2+16x

d^2y/dx^2=36x

Integration

y=anx^(n+1)/n+1

S ax^n dx=anx^(n+1)/n+1

eg.

S (5x^3+4x^2+5x+6) dx= 5x^4/4+4^3/3+5x^2/2+6x+c where c is the constant of integration.

Feel free to post comments or questions by clicking on my name about maths or anythin else, yeah?

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Taking Pre-Calc atm. Really should be in Honors Pre Calc but I get really lazy on hw because it's always farming for answers and I'm not patient enough to check my answers on my tests.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Honors Advanced Algebra with Trig
I used to think I was good at math, but the hard and easily confused concepts, not to mention the poor teaching (my teacher is cool, but he gets off topic a lot) humbled me to a borderline C.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

gr 6 math

Showing 46-57 of 57