ForumsWEPRislam

23 6246
sokumon
sokumon
4 posts
Nomad

i want to get things straight....

islam is a peaceful religion

people who use the Islamic name and bomb have no meaning they are totally utter idiots!

• 23 Replies
thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

If Islam is peaceful, why did its founder Mohamed go on a large conquest throughout the Middle-East killing tens of thousands of people? By the way, tens of thousands dead was pretty huge back then. I'm not going to accept that Islam is peaceful, even if every Muslim was a pacifist. It's founder was violent and brutal.

Here's an example - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khaybar (11,000 killed)

eyetwitch
eyetwitch
737 posts
Shepherd

Regardless of what the creator did...most people practicing islam, are quite peaceful. Its only extremists killing everyone with suicide bombs.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

It doesn't matter. Christianity is a peaceful religion (despite warmongerers who say they are Christian). Why? Jesus preached peace, love, and tolerance. He never picked up a sword to fight. He did not try to fight back when crucified. Buddhism is also peaceful. It's founder, Gautama (I hope I spelled that right) also preacher peace. Even if Buddhists in Sri Lanka are assassinating and suicide bombing.

Islam is different. I don't care if every single Muslim in the world was a peaceful person. In fact, some Muslims that I knew in high school were pretty peaceful and nice. Even if every Muslim was like that, the RELIGION is still violent, even if the people aren't. Its founder was violent and told his people to kill non-believers. The RELIGION is violent, but not most of it's followers. I would also argue Judaism is violent, but that's a bit more complicated.

godofsalt
godofsalt
49 posts
Nomad

@thelistman
now we cannot forget that protestants and catholics were killing eachother, the crusades and many other wars were made by people who you claim peaceful...

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

In the Islamic corhan it the so called "Allah" told anyone that believed in the Islamic faith showed force it on other people for their own good, and if the person didn't execpt that he should kill them. It also tells them that if they do a suicide mission for their government than they will go to paradise and have 72 virgins there. Seems a little off right?

killertron
killertron
56 posts
Nomad

All religions are lies.

thelistman
thelistman
1,416 posts
Shepherd

@godofsalt

You are not reading my posts. I am not talking about the people of the religion. I am talking about the original writings and beliefs. The RELIGION of Christianity is peaceful because the original beliefs tell us to be peaceful and loving. The people may not be, but that does not mean the religion is violent.

Islam's original beliefs were violent. The founder raided and killed tens of thousand. Even if every Muslim was a law-abiding citizen, the RELIGION is still violent.

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

why does it say to kill all the christians or nonbelievers then? and cover up all the women >:O

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

There are many interpretations of this attack. Whatever the motives, the Jews clearly were not defenseless, nor were they caught by surprise.
Despite having a fort and tons and tons of weapons, the Jewish settlement was obliterated while the Islamic forces suffered minimal casualties (I think maybe 10 or so). It seems pretty clear whose side "God" was on during this confrontation, which is why the conquests continued.
In addition, most religions (including Christianity) tell their followers to kill non-believers. Some people focus on those parts of their holy texts and some don't.
I think this is the point that sokuman was trying to make in the original post - any set of beliefs such as a religion can be altered, manipulated, or whatever by people but the point of the religion - it's main focus is not violence.
Now if you take the stance that all religions are man made, then manipulating the "core beliefs" of a religion doesn't really seem that out of context, but that's a different discussion altogether.

WildStriker404
WildStriker404
60 posts
Nomad

@ thelistman

This makes me wonder, then. Does this mean that the radicals actually be truer believers than other Muslims? If so, that casts a rather disturbing light upon all Islam.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

islam is a backwards religion it has no place in western society. When my dad came bak from afghanistan he sed how the pepl there were rele nice (the locals not the terrorists) but that it was like the middle ages. The women did all the work only the men could read etc a religion that condones that shouldnt be allowed to exist especially when it provokes such extremes of violence

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

That has much more to do with economics than with a religion. Just look at the UAE and places like Dubai! They are a bastion of modern capitalistic ideals.
All religion is outdated and I think does not belong in any modern society.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

how does it have to do more with economics. Dubai is the exception because it is a tax haven like monaco just for the super rich arab oil barons, they clearly do not give an accurate portrayal of the arab world as their wealth is completely disproportionate. Although as an atheist i agree with your last point

Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I don'think it has anything to do with economics. Its their culture. We think that because the most obvious difference is that they practice Islam, and thats the reason for all of their differences. Most of the differences are really cultural, separate from religion. In Europe women do most of the household work too, and men go to wor. So when men get back from work, and relax, while women cook, they are just doing their parts. Its not because of religious beliefs, it because of the culture and the way things work in their country. Not everyone is the same as America.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Im european flipski and the men do their fair share of housework in my house. Also the arab women don't have a choice whether they want to do the housework or not or they are beaten if they don't

Showing 1-15 of 23