ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159435
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

The Never Ending Story, Alt's dialogue based story. And I'm assuming you took part because you were part of the crowd who I remember participating

Erm....was it the Aftermath? Yes I did take part, and I think I had an alter ego, Nicho and Demus. I'm not sure. Link?
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Erm....was it the Aftermath? Yes I did take part, and I think I had an alter ego, Nicho and Demus. I'm not sure. Link?

Didn't the Aftermath continue from the NES?

BTW Pazx, I received your message. You're a bloody lout.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I remember when my post count was OVER 9000!

I remember it well because it was just yesterday. Who would have the nerve to destroy a piece of AG history?

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

As for the TTICA, I liked it for a while, but after page 700 I stopped caring about it. Around that time people would just post as if it was an actual chat room, not caring about the current topic and changing it every few minutes. Before that it was stable and you could get decent posts/discussion from it, but then it deteriorated. I believe one day it got 200-400 posts from people treating it as an actual chat room.

The conclusion we can get from this is that: It stopped being good when the community started to "evolve" to the New Gen phase.

I'm gonna be the first to say it.

This Thread Is Currently About: AG's past.

Eek! Calling it this might rise suspicions! Even though it's a rather precise title, this is NOT and will never be a TTICA revival, just a Memorial/Nostalgic/Whatever-you-consider-naming-it thread.

I'm not entirely sure what I did for the newspaper, all I know is I was interviewed once and I have the MSN account we used for interviews >.>

Is the thread still around? I mean, locked but existent?

I did have a lot of fun with it, and I picked up more trivia in that thread than I did anywhere else.

That makes me want to see it even more. Specially for the trivia.
t-ti-ca

Oddly enough, ti-ti-ca is a portuguese word for poop.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I remember it well because it was just yesterday. Who would have the nerve to destroy a piece of AG history?

Hey hey, it was probably just a declara.. I mean accident.

I knew it.

Is the thread still around? I mean, locked but existent?

No, it's gone.

---

You know what, I agree with what Matrix said. Surprisingly, the thread wasn't very alive at that point. Then for some reason people suddenly started flooding it like crazy. It's good having an active thread, but when so many people flock to it at the same time you might as well move to a chatroom.

Too many posts in too short of a time = cluster****
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

That makes me want to see it even more. Specially for the trivia.

Oh yes, for example, we release one-third of the endorphins of an orgasm every time we sneeze. Or that one can make napalm out of foam peanuts and gasoline.

Of course it is....

Indeed the majority of my posts were in the first 500 or so pages, I posted very little after the newbies charged.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Indeed the majority of my posts were in the first 500 or so pages, I posted very little after the newbies charged.

I didn't post at all after the newbs charged. I kinda left for a week at around page 700. When I came back it was close to a thousand and the thread was locked.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Sorry for the double post but I forgot something..

Not going to lie, I hated that thread so much. It was just an easy thread to post in for AP for some people and to not get caught for it being spam. Part of that leniency is what made me not post in the tavern for a good 3 months.

I enjoyed it not only because I was able to talk about whatever was interested me, but because the thread pretty much eliminated the hassle of making a whole lot of other threads. The AP followed suit.

I believe we weren't talking at such a fast rate that a chatroom would be needed... at least for the first 700 pages.

The topic list is on page 13 or so for anyone who wants to bother.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

I enjoyed it not only because I was able to talk about whatever was interested me, but because the thread pretty much eliminated the hassle of making a whole lot of other threads. The AP followed suit.

That would be very useful if the Community wasn't that unstable. Now, almost every thread has some kind of OP Spam or something related to it.

I believe we weren't talking at such a fast rate that a chatroom would be needed... at least for the first 700 pages.

That's when evil people discovered the endless AP fountain, correct capability of TTICA?

Forgot to quote that before. I ask the same thing!

No, it's gone.

Aww...

Oh yes, for example, we release one-third of the endorphins of an orgasm every time we sneeze. Or that one can make napalm out of foam peanuts and gasoline.

That's the trivia I like! Random and curious!

I knew it.

O.o How??

Of course it is....

How do you both know?!
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Sorry for DP, but I forgot something and also miswrote.

That's when evil people discovered the endless AP fountain, correct capability of TTICA?

It's in fact: That's when evil people discovered the endless AP fountain capability of TTICA, correct?

Also, what other threads are highly remembered as the great ones?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

The Art Skills Competition without a doubt, and the WoM is epic. There were a few in the WEPR, I believe one was related to Bestiality.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

@TTICA conversation:
I emailed Justin (jroyster22) about it and he's working on putting it back on the site.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Yes! AG History shall be restored,*cough*and my posts too.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

Heh. I think I had more posts in that thread than I thought.

I could swear I was up past 3300 a while ago.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

The Art Skills Competition without a doubt, and the WoM is epic. There were a few in the WEPR...

Those sound nice! I realize that WoM is still there, but what about ASC?

..., I believe one was related to Bestiality.

Uh, what?

@TTICA conversation:
I emailed Justin (jroyster22) about it and he's working on putting it back on the site.

Oh yeah, Matrix. I shall reward you a virtual cookie! Thanks for sending him the e-mail. Also, lets hope he succeeds, because then the new generations of AGers will know how to be a great forum-er.

Ah, I've created a TTICA Character Sheet!

Name: This Thread is Currently About, alias TTICA.
Class: Written
Species: Discussion Thread.
Discussion level: High
Arguing level: Unknown
Size: Huge

Health Points: 0/???

Skills:
-> An all-in-one-esque thread;
-> Always a new thing to debate about;
-> User friendships are expected.

Weaknesses:
-> Prone to C-Spam Spell;