ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159433
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

AMW was way better then too. Mods chillin' out, really almost all of them.

Seeing that would be awesome! I think it would show that the "User-Mod" Barrier is a thin line.

No, they weren't smart enough. If they were, they would have not flooded the thread like a pack of voracious dogs.

Whoah! They were out for blood, and AP, then!

My life will be complete!

I could read that thread 1000 times and I'd still never get tired of my own hilarious posts.

I guess I would take some time to read through the first 700 pages, when it was at it's most awesome times!

TTICA should be stickied (but still locked) so everyone can learn about our rich history.

Agreed! It's a fact well that resumes the history of AG in a *cough*few*cough* pages!
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

It strikes me that resume is not being used correctly. Did you mean summarizes?

Perhaps we should collaborate to start up AG News again?

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

It strikes me that resume is not being used correctly. Did you mean summarizes?

What?

Perhaps we should collaborate to start up AG News again?

Even though I'm not a vet, you have my support. Can I help interviewing people?

How noob I am?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

How noob I am?

0 percent.
Noob is not the synonym of newbie and the two words are not interchangeable.
A newbie is a person new to something.
A noob can be new to something, but more importantly, they don't want to change their ways if they make mistakes, because they know best no matter how long they have been playing, they blame others for what they have done wrong and they refuse to listen to other people's opinions and advices.

Unless you actually think you are a noob, then you might have an even worse self esteem than mine.

aha, threads don't just disappear, if TTICA comes back its because we called the admins out on it.

Threads have happened to disappear at random before, though.
But if you are getting it back by calling the admins out on it, does that mean I don't have to try to get a reason, and explanation and try to get it back?

If you are planning on remaking the news thread, please notify me so we can set up some proper moderation. At least that way it won't go crashing with spam, and you will be able to get the title updated when needed.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

0 percent.
Noob is not the synonym of newbie and the two words are not interchangeable.
A newbie is a person new to something.
A noob can be new to something, but more importantly, they don't want to change their ways if they make mistakes, because they know best no matter how long they have been playing, they blame others for what they have done wrong and they refuse to listen to other people's opinions and advices.

Unless you actually think you are a noob, then you might have an even worse self esteem than mine.

Well, posting among many vets makes me ask how good I'm doing. If I look like a user that just arrived, that's bad.

Threads have happened to disappear at random before, though.

In one of those server hiccups?

If you are planning on remaking the news thread, please notify me so we can set up some proper moderation. At least that way it won't go crashing with spam, and you will be able to get the title updated when needed.

In your Mod opinion, Cen, what do you think about a remake of the news thread?
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

I emailed Justin (jroyster22) about it and he's working on putting it back on the site.

Wait... is that even possible? Is it like "banning" a thread, you can unban it at will? Thaboss thought once something was gone, it was gone...
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I'm fairly positive that the server backs up all the data every so often so that incase something does go wrong, the entire site isn't wiped out. So Justin might just have to go back and pull the thread from one of the back ups, or it could be something way more complicated, I have no idea. I'm leaning towards the latter.

As for the news thread, I wasn't very active when it was popular, so I'm not all to sure as to how it's run, I was thinking that I would ask Knight or Pazx about it, and go from there.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

According to Justin, it should be back up already.
As for "unbanning", it seems like the staff is able to undo most of what is done by the functions here.

In your Mod opinion, Cen, what do you think about a remake of the news thread?

In my mod opinion, it is alright if it doesn't get spammed.
In my regular opinion, I thought it was a good idea the first time around, and it might bring back some life to the Tavern, if nothing, then because everyone wants to be mentioned positively in such a news-thread, which might lead to better behaviour (perhaps).
I might also be a good media to get some useful information out to the broader public.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

It doesn't look like it... Thaboss found a weird glitch. Here. Here. (found using the thread searcher.) Thaboss woudn't try replying in it though...

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

It doesn't look like it... Thaboss found a weird glitch. Here. Here. (found using the thread searcher.) Thaboss woudn't try replying in it though...

What the?! Holy molley! What is that?

In my mod opinion, it is alright if it doesn't get spammed.
In my regular opinion, I thought it was a good idea the first time around, and it might bring back some life to the Tavern, if nothing, then because everyone wants to be mentioned positively in such a news-thread, which might lead to better behaviour (perhaps).
I might also be a good media to get some useful information out to the broader public.

Hmm, I agree with you. It's an excellent idea. Plus, the bolded section is what I really would like to see.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

It seems it's coming back, though about 924 pages of it are missing still.

How odd. It wasn't necroed, but it sure looks like a zombie.

Also, TTICA was created by Saving123?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The staff is aware, so it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Anyway, I believe, at least until the thread is up again, this ought to be the last mention of it for a while.
Nostalgia can't all be connected to that one thread, after all.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Nah, we jacked it, Saving created a thread about the most reputable user on AG, and then a few of us got bored, and with Strop's help, in roughly 12-20 hours, we had "This Thread is Currently About: Explosive Releases" and things just snowballed from there.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

The staff is aware, so it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Okay. Let's hope it's fixed!

Nostalgia can't all be connected to that one thread, after all.

No problem.

What about seasonal armatars? Were they highly used? How many of them were created?

Also, and Clans/Clubs? There were a lot of them?
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

We had seasonal armatars until mid-late 2010 I believe, up until then there were four contests a year, and the winners would have their creations displayed. I have no idea how many were created, although if you look around some of the older user profiles, you'll find they have one, Moegreche and Parsat are the only two I can think off of the top of my head.

I can't help you with Clans/Clubs, never really bothered with them.

Showing 226-240 of 1018