ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159382
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I made a graph of that a while ago

[url=http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/master565/AG_graph.png]

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Oops, hit link instead of image.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/master565/AG_graph.png

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Kong is not part of the nostalgia of AG.

Kong is not the past of AG, but unfortunately, it may be the future. Which is something I'm really not looking forward to.

And firetail_madness said Kong is good. But I think he's is just a conspiracy.

2 out of the 3 users in the top 3 now use Kong, but I can guarantee it won't ever be any more than that.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

So does anyone remember exactly what happened the summer in which Firetail amongst others managed to get many thousands of posts?

FT used to hang around the Sonny forum and flash games forum. Which I believe he got a bunch of posts from. Key threads he posted in:

General Colony Discussion
Make Your Own Equipment (Sonny)
*Raze threads*

...and so on
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

So, how do you guys like that little display of nostalgia all those threads on the front page gives? I mean, they are three years old, they are totally history, and show how it was to post in the early days.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Interesting....we have a Necromancer on our hands.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Oh, wow... makes more sense after reading that fail troll thread.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Interesting....we have a Necromancer on our hands

That would imply her having some measure of success, which she does not.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Aside from bumping a lot of unlocked threads back, which makes the tavern look terrible with a bunch of locks on the first page. Oh well, I expect a few "this or that" threads to come up, or we should create some threads with decent topics.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Aside from bumping a lot of unlocked threads back, which makes the tavern look terrible with a bunch of locks on the first page

I measure success by comparing to the likes of say, Nnine or Yazooka or TSL3 Needed (Without the underscore). I don't think you were here for those though.

More recently... I don't think we've had a major troll in awhile.

Oh well, I expect a few "this or that" threads to come up, or we should create some threads with decent topics

Whats the point? No one will frequent them, or they'll get spammy answers. I'm content to live out the qualitative decline of the site sipping Lattes in the AMW, and hoping no ones smart enough to scroll all the way down the page.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I mean, they are three years old, they are totally history, and show how it was to post in the early days.

It is history, but it isn't nostalgia, because it's before my time here. It was already old news when I joined.

I don't think we've had a major troll in awhile.

The forums are so desolate these days, no troll even wants to bother with us. There just aren't enough people to troll anymore.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

There just aren't enough people to troll anymore.

Rather, theres no one here whose worth trolling that would actually react to it. We do have almost two million users, after all.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Rather, theres no one here whose worth trolling that would actually react to it.

That's what I meant by &quoteople to troll", as not everyone can be successfully trolled.

We do have almost two million users, after all.

The percentage of those users who are active in the forums is so small that my microscope had to use a microscope to see it.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

The percentage of those users who are active in the forums is so small that my microscope had to use a microscope to see it.

It almost makes me wish for GAGA and Sonam back. Almost.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Whats the point?

Over time it'll make all the subforums better. If people from here make good threads and the majority of which frequenting this thread post in them then it'll bury the spammy threads and probably get people to post more constructive things. It beats complaining about it whenever you get the chance to.
Showing 556-570 of 1018