ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159389
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Or, we could change them. One of us! One of us! One of us!

We'd have to literally double their IQ in a matter of a few days just so we could have an intelligent discussion with them. Seeing as that's an incredibly difficult feat, I'd say the chasing-off method is the more appropriate.

Is AG losing the battle with Kong?

For now, yes. But you never know; AG turning into Kong could bring over some of the more intelligent Kong members seeking a place to play games for achievements and have an intelligent conversation in the same place.

If you could, but the next best way to kill a thread is to delete it.

Delete? A thread? What are you, daft? That simply cannot be done!
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

[quote]If you could, but the next best way to kill a thread is to delete it.

Delete? A thread? What are you, daft? That simply cannot be done![/quote]

Threads can and have been deleted. However, they are usually locked instead. Since the only way to delete an OP is to delete the thread, it is possible for someone to create a bunch of threads with low quality OPs, leave them alone, and not lose any AP (although the threads will be locked and a temp-ban will probably occur). This does not mean that we should all make a bunch of low quality threads. I'm just pointing out a loophole in locking threads.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I also noticed something weird with TTICA. Its last post is shown as being made 23 hours ago, but the last poster keeps changing. The actual last post was made by GhostOfMatrix, but the forum screen showed the last poster as idontsuckthatmuch the last time I checked.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Threads can and have been deleted. However, they are usually locked instead. Since the only way to delete an OP is to delete the thread, it is possible for someone to create a bunch of threads with low quality OPs, leave them alone, and not lose any AP (although the threads will be locked and a temp-ban will probably occur). This does not mean that we should all make a bunch of low quality threads. I'm just pointing out a loophole in locking threads.

Can you seriously not see the joke in anything...
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

I also noticed something weird with TTICA. Its last post is shown as being made 23 hours ago, but the last poster keeps changing. The actual last post was made by GhostOfMatrix, but the forum screen showed the last poster as idontsuckthatmuch the last time I checked.

You can't expect a thread like TTICA to make much sense. Resurrection can't be perfect.

AG turning into Kong could bring over some of the more intelligent Kong members seeking a place to play games for achievements and have an intelligent conversation in the same place.

....You don't go on Kong much, do you? The people who seem like the more intelligent ones are a bit too... hostile? for this website.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

My guess would be an administrator is messing with it.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Kongregate is backed by Gamestop, a retail giant, they can afford to do far more in terms of upgrade, rewards, etc. then AG could simply because of greater capital.

*cough*SheldonCooper*cough*

d_dude have you seen our WEPR? We have the capacity to be just as a hostile, if not more so, it's just that the majority of our users are able to exercise some form of self control.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

You don't go on Kong much, do you?

Oh lord, no. I'd go to hell and back first.

Unless for some reason I want to play a game that's there and only there. Then I'll pay Kong a visit, but it's a rare occasion.

I think people are attempting to post in the thread and failing...

It's possible, but it doesn't explain why it says that the "last post" occured 23 hours ago.

Then again, there's almost nothing about that thread that can be explained, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were to be the case.

My guess would be an administrator is messing with it.

That's also likely. I can't explain why it's likely, because I don't know, but at this point I've just stopped questioning it.

We have the capacity to be just as a hostile

Kong's hostile members and our WEPR-ers should get together sometime and have a hostile-off. That's the only way to determine which site is more hostile.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Oh lord, no. I'd go to hell and back first.

What's the difference?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I found some more AG memorabilia. It's fun to see how seriously everyone took the whole mod-firing thing.

What's the difference?

Hell has people with whom you can have an intelligent conversation.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I found some more AG memorabilia. It's fun to see how seriously everyone took the whole mod-firing thing.

Psh, back when i didn't feel like learning how to make links.

Hell has people with whom you can have an intelligent conversation.

I've heard their discussion forums (not their off topic forums) are actually pretty nice.
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

I missed out on a chance to get one of those pesky incompetent moderators fired and it turns out it isnt even a real thing? wow, I dont even know how I should be feeling right now.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I missed out on a chance to get one of those pesky incompetent moderators fired and it turns out it isnt even a real thing? wow, I dont even know how I should be feeling right now.

You're not the only one. I've been inactive for the majority of this year.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/offtopic-english/943227833d1305709183-english-spam-thread-not-sure-if-troll-just-very-stupid-28n1299498207760-29.jpg
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Hey, anyone remember when I wasn't a mod? That was times

I remember you saying that you would never become a mod.

Armor Games has more traffic than Kong. That's all that matters.
Showing 526-540 of 1018