ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159374
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Normal member: Hey...uh Weren't we going to restore AG to like it was in the ol' days?

We simply lack the numbers and enthusiasm of people to post quirky, funny but meaningful posts to revive the old AG again. And the AG the vets talk about is unique to them because the other ex-vets made the site what it is. Without them, even with a new crowd of people it simply isn't the same AG for us already.

Think of it lik LOTR. Though Gondor be powerful and mighty in the eyes of those who only know it, it will never reach the splendour of Numenor that those of past Ages knew.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

That analogy is win.

Nicho what you say is right, however even if the site itself changes we can't have it degrading in quality, after all there is a distinct difference between the two.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Nicho what you say is right, however even if the site itself changes we can't have it degrading in quality, after all there is a distinct difference between the two.

Yep, which is why I still hang about here. And some of the vets too. The Elves might have gone West, but we are still here.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Happy belated veteran's day comrades. Who says you ahve to be in a war to be a vet?

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Not even remotely funny.

@Nicho You're really feeling the LotR today aren't you?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

You guys aren't thinking of ideas outside the box

We should all go to Taco Bell. That should facilitate un-box-like thinking.

Who says you ahve to be in a war to be a vet?

A lot of people.

Step five is giving cookies out and eating any pie in the radius.

We do that anyways.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

You're really feeling the LotR today aren't you?

He always feels the LotR.

I always do

Well, that's more like step 2.5.

Step 3.14159....Hmmm the nostalgia is a little satisfied.
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

I love pie :0 and I need motivation. I am really bad at motivating myself :c

*thinkning*

*thinking*

I have an idea!

No... I don't... :c

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Cool posting you guys, it is so relevant and those short posts are really going to show the newbies how they are supposed to post and stuff, you know. You are real good vets and rolemodels and awesome and stuff, so now that you are creating a new day full of such epic posting, I will lock this.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Maverick said please. A little dull, but good enough for now.
Remember the topic and the rules, instead of sinking to the level of newbies, nay, noobs with nothing but nonsense coming out of their posts.

A personal nostalgia moment for me would be when AG wasn't overrun with adbots to the point where they cycle through twenty account over the course of an hour, because they apparently are more persistent than any active moderator.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

A personal nostalgia moment for me would be when AG wasn't overrun with adbots to the point where they cycle through twenty account over the course of an hour, because they apparently are more persistent than any active moderator.

This is where an IP ban would be useful. Even if it's not useful, it still sucks less than just perma-banning each account.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Indeed, the facebooks posts are starting to appear everywhere, I think I've reported 4-5 accounts so far, and I'm positive those aren't even a fraction.

My nostalgia moment would be looking at the button on our profile and remember how it used to become green.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

This is where an IP ban would be useful.

But if a adbot has a dynamic ip then there would be no way to IP ban the adbot and banning the seperate accounts work more effectivley.
j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

Mine is being able to look in the all games list and only see like 5 pages instead of fifty. The strange thing is, I only just made an account here recently. I remember when the forums only had 100 threads a peice. I remeber Games Of Gondor. I feel so old.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Maverick said please

And I groveled. Don't forget the groveling.

looking at the button on our profile and remember how it used to become green

I remember a newcomer thread in which the newb was convinced that the mission was to make the dot yellow, and several horror movie references followed therin.
Showing 601-615 of 1018