ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159373
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Those never worked.

They never worked correctly, they still changed colors which amused me enough.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Mine worked fine, it would be red when I wasn't logged in, and green when I was.

I was on hiatus when they killed it, so when I returned I was so confused...

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

They never worked correctly, they still changed colors which amused me enough.

See below quote and my response to it.

I remember a newcomer thread in which the newb was convinced that the mission was to make the dot yellow, and several horror movie references followed therin.

There is no mission of Armor Games, unless you count becoming #1 as one. As for the button, I've only seen it red, but I think it would be a good story for someone to try to make the button yellow. Specifically, it would be a story about a hacker whose mission is to make the button yellow, then use the yellow button to become an admin, then de-admin all the real admins, de-mod the current mods, then make new mods and admins out of supporters. That does not mean someone should do this for real, just that it would be interesting to make it a story.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

See below quote and my response to it.

I don't see it's relation to my statement, but okay.

Maybe 'inline'?

lol

Also, for no reason, this

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/master565/Picture1-2.png
chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

Well, I don't know really. Honestly I'm rarely very active anymore, because I'm so busy now. I think that things were better back when I first joined....
But as I said, I don't know really

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Woah.....a vet I didn't knew exist!

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Also, for no reason, this

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/master565/Picture1-2.png

OHHHHH THE NOSTALGIA.

Those buttons never really worked that great, they were kinda neat though. I liked the 'users online in the last 5 minutes' thingy at the bottom of the community page. Oh, and armatars next to comments. I'm pretty sure they were both removed to speed up the website/take up less bandwidth but I'm also pretty sure that the armatars were meant to come back :c
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

There is no mission of Armor Games, unless you count becoming #1 as one. As for the button, I've only seen it red, but I think it would be a good story for someone to try to make the button yellow. Specifically, it would be a story about a hacker whose mission is to make the button yellow, then use the yellow button to become an admin, then de-admin all the real admins, de-mod the current mods, then make new mods and admins out of supporters. That does not mean someone should do this for real, just that it would be interesting to make it a story.

I really do not know whether you're serious or whether you're trolling. Either way, I think the rest of us are rolling our eyes.

Speaking of trolls guys, did we ever have a troll like Patrick?
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

We've had plenty of amusing trolls in the past. Patrick's different. He's not amusing. And he's serious and literal.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

They had armatars next to comments? :O

Yes, if my memory isn't dead, I think they did.

And @Nich: I think he was serious.

It just notched the absurdity one level higher.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Yes, if my memory isn't dead, I think they did.

The only reason i remember them having it is off one of the archives, i think it was really early in the site.

And @Nich: I think he was serious.

It just notched the absurdity one level higher.

He's always serious, it's kind of disconcerting.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

The only reason i remember them having it is off one of the archives, i think it was really early in the site.

I wonder how Patrick knows.....

I remember a time when everyone had the same few armatars since we didn't have enough AP to unlock the top few.

He's always serious, it's kind of disconcerting.

Just wait for his next reply!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Who was the top-ranked player at that time?

I think JWalshJr was for a while, then Coheed, then Fire, then Fst for about half an hour, and since then it's always been Fire. Before that, I'm not sure.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I remember a time when everyone had the same few armatars since we didn't have enough AP to unlock the top few.

lol noobs.

Who was the top-ranked player at that time?

FT looks like he was climbing the ranks at that time, but XCoheedX seems to look like he's going to be the first to hit 10k.
link
Epolonte
Epolonte
15 posts
Treasurer

Dunno Lol .... but i remember when i used to play in Games of Gondor that was cool..

Showing 616-630 of 1018