ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159331
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Given that it really doesn't matter for a blog, I doubt so.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Wow, this thread is still alive. I guess we'll never stop pining about AG's past.

akeman64
akeman64
53 posts
Peasant

i like ag now and im worried it could get even worse

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

i like ag now and im worried it could get even worse

I'm starting to hope that AG3 will jumpstart the Forums again like using a massive defibrillator on a dying heart clogged with years of troll grease and flaming fats.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

Yup. And I'll be there to capitalize! New gold rush, here we come!

Oh, and I bet Firetail still doesn't want all his precious progress to be wiped clean.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Yup. And I'll be there to capitalize! New gold rush, here we come!

Oh, and I bet Firetail still doesn't want all his precious progress to be wiped clean.

We'll be the new Cecil Rhodes of the world!

Well, being King of the World for such a long time....don't you think it's time for someone to bugger him off? And now thanks to private chats, there would be less AP farming via chats.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

We'll? WE'LL?!

Off-topic: Did the colonialists of the late nineteenth century who left behind an African continent afflicted by widespread violence and extreme poverty, see it coming? Did they really think they could scramble Africa and divide it amongst themselves like they did the Americas?

Back on topic: Yup, change is good. Firetail's a nice guy, but I'd rather see the AP system reset and the forum post count wiped clean.. of course, I'd prefer the old posts being moved to an archive but I guess that wouldn't be important.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

Well, being King of the World for such a long time....don't you think it's time for someone to bugger him off?

He's been at the top since AG1... The first day on this site, Firetail was first, around 25k AP. I think it's time to dust him off.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I remember when XCoheedX was number one. Admittedly, he had 10k at the time. Firetail has always been in those upper echelons though.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Off-topic: Did the colonialists of the late nineteenth century who left behind an African continent afflicted by widespread violence and extreme poverty, see it coming? Did they really think they could scramble Africa and divide it amongst themselves like they did the Americas?

Seeing that the Americas had fewer problems since the Spanish and Portuguese neatly divided the whole of South America, whilst the Brits and Frogs duked it out in the North whilst in Africa there was much more conflict, I don't think so. I just finished a thousand page tome on the subject. Most of the colonials kept it secret at first, but once they knew they all wanted the same pie, hell broke loose.

I remember when XCoheedX was number one. Admittedly, he had 10k at the time. Firetail has always been in those upper echelons though.

Gangstablaze has a list of those who ever made it to number one.
Bladesam
Bladesam
74 posts
Farmer

I've been reading through the posts here, and I wish that I could have seen it back then. It sounds like it was awesome!

Obviously I haven't been that active on the forums as of yet, but I hope that I will be able to become increasingly more active as it goes on. (I especially want to see how things are going to get shuffled when AG3 comes out.)

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Of course, I won't relinquish control of Rhodesia, and I'll crush any upstart rebels like you.
ThroatLozenge
ThroatLozenge
146 posts
Nomad

I'm really going to try and make an effort to improve these forums before AG3.

I'm not very happy with what I see in most of the new citizens atm >.>

But there are some good ones!

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Guys, I'm very proud of seeing that this thread is still alive... not that active anymore, but showing signs of life...

Who would know that the history of Armor Games was so amazing?!

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Guys, I'm very proud of seeing that this thread is still alive... not that active anymore, but showing signs of life...

Alive only because I chanced upon it when the time glitch hit the Forums.
Showing 916-930 of 1018