ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159329
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

then he got banned for impersonating a mod

In fact, I banned him, because I am a super-duper secret speshul mod. But don't tell anyone, its a secret.

I'm a bit insulted that he seems to be trying to educate users on AG rules on a thread by veterans, for veterans, about veterans

I wonder when he'll realize that, since we've lasted this long, we *probably* know what the rules are by now. And I'm fully aware of the hypocrosy of this statement with that of the above statement.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

In fact, I banned him, because I am a super-duper secret speshul mod. But don't tell anyone, its a secret.

No you're not, before he got banned, Floyd gave me a list of every past and future mod of AG, even the one's who haven't been born yet ._.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

No you're not, before he got banned, Floyd gave me a list of every past and future mod of AG, even the one's who haven't been born yet ._.

But who do you think gave him that list?

Seriously, who gave him that list?
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

It's must just be one of those magic powers you get when you become a mod.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

It's must just be one of those magic powers you get when you become a mod.

Mock not the dead, though that's another of our trolls gone.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

And there I was thinking this was a thread about the 'Nostalgia of ArmorGames and it's past', but... all I read is a discussion about mods, wannabe-mods, etc... where's the nostalgia in that?! =/

To ask a fair question... which ArmorGames is being compared here?

The first ArmorGames (AG1 or "Games of Gondor&quot -VS.- the current ArmorGames (AG2)

or

The current ArmorGames (AG2) -VS.- the new to come ArmorGames (AG3)

That would help in the discussion for me... thanx! =)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

@ jeol : I guess a lot of AG3 is mostly being discussed in the particular forum on that, yes... but how many users actually have experienced the 'old AG1' aka 'Games of Gondor'?! I sure haven't, because I've only been a member since a year or 2... sure would have liked to have been there from the start though! =D

And I really REALLY like the current version! Allthough the new AG3 version does look promissing! =D

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I managed to get on the train when it was already rolling for a long mile... but I have to admit I am really glad I did back then! I just love it here! Great site, great games, great community! =D

And about the new AG3, well... yes, there's a lot that will change compared tot the current version, but evolving is something inevitable! It's that, or being buried online, so... =)

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

King since beta Ryan and Asherlee are some of the people who've been around the longest, and I'm pretty sure they both were there for AG1.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

@MrDayCee

This isn't really about the site being better, it's about the community being better.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

King since beta Ryan and Asherlee are some of the people who've been around the longest, and I'm pretty sure they both were there for AG1.

Considering that Ryan did the beta for AG2, I would wager he was around for AG1.
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hmm... AG1, when shown through Wayback Machine, don't seem to have any profiles, like these from AG2...

Does anyone can tell me if Wayback Machine is depicting AG1 correctly?

CabzIndustries
CabzIndustries
35 posts
Nomad

I actually like games of gondor the best O.o

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Hmm... AG1, when shown through Wayback Machine, don't seem to have any profiles, like these from AG2...

AGv1 didn't have accounts.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

@Jeol

If I'm not wrong yes. Anyone miss how this thread was active?

Showing 901-915 of 1018