ForumsThe Tavern(Nostalgia) Was AG better before?

1018 159335
Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Hello. While I was exploring AG-based Xats, I've met several unactive/banned/"old-school" AG Users. Most of them said that, one of the main reasons to their inactivity here is that the site was better before.

Is that true?

How better? They say that the threads had more quality back in time.

Well, I can't tell if it was. I joined June 26th, so that's not too much knowledge on our awesome site...

- R

• 1,018 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well, one more has bit the dust. Floyd is gone.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Do you know why?

I never checked his join date, how long had he been here for?

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

Floyd is gone.

Where? He was always kinda my favorite user. His humor and lack of caring filled me with joy.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Floyd made a thread claiming he was the newest mod about a month ago, then he got banned for impersonating a mod, and i guess this was the last chance and he got perma'd. I don't see how Floyd, a mod, can impersonate a mod, or how a mod can get banned by another mod, but anyways...

XVERB
XVERB
3,137 posts
Nomad

aww... poor floyd): i would go to the chat to see if he still gets on but it gives my computer viruses i suspect...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Darn, I liked reading his posts whenever he would post. He was a funny guy and lightened the mood up in the forums, though he probably did make a few people angry.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Master656 that's because he wasn't a mod... To the best of my knowledge the last new moderator we had was Freakenstein.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Master656 that's because he wasn't a mod... To the best of my knowledge the last new moderator we had was Freakenstein.

Nope, he was a mod, why would he lie about being one?
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,504 posts
Jester

I don't see how Floyd, a mod, can impersonate a mod, or how a mod can get banned by another mod, but anyways...

Oh, it's very simple, really. You see, the rest of the mods find the mod that has been in trouble, jump him, take his ban hammer, shout him into submission (I have been practicing), and finally have a gold hammer fall from the heavens to smite him into nothingness.

It's much easier when the mod in question wields a hammer made of Styrofoam.
Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

Nope, he was a mod, why would he lie about being one?

Illusion of power, newb respect, etc.

Plenty of people lie about becoming a moderator, also, I've been fairly active recently and I'm positive that there was no such thread, and considering I can't find it in the search....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge only admins can execute a permaban, which means Floyd seriously pissed someone off.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Kyouzou, have you come down with some Patrick syndrome? A few episodes of Spongebob should fix you right up.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Oops, hit the submit button

I've been fairly active recently and I'm positive that there was no such thread, and considering I can't find it in the search....

It was deleted, but being me, i took pictures. Then being me, i lost those pictures, but i'll try to find them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to my knowledge only admins can execute a permaban, which means Floyd seriously pissed someone off.

You're right, but users are usually perma'd after a certain amount of bans regardless of what the most recent ban was for.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Oh the horrors of such a disease.

Well, that's still one user gone in this game of musical chairs with banhammers.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Found them

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af101/master565/Picture5-1.png

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,917 posts
Peasant

I think his little brother must have gotten on his account or something. That's not like Floyd at all.

Showing 886-900 of 1018