ForumsThe TavernArachnophobia

57 9911
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Ever since i've been seeing tons of spiders in my basement, i've had a huge fear of spiders. I don't know what it is about them, but whenever I see one I feel like it's going to start crawling on me... Everything about them just creeps me out (mostly their faces).

I was wondering, does anybody else here on Ag have Arachnophobia (or know anybody who has it?)

• 57 Replies
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

technically i don't like them. i try to get them out, but i end up either squashing them, or getting a broom and poking it out a door.
i like daddy longlegs and really huge spiders but i don't like them on me, or walking into a spiderweb.
i have improved some

cablecar1
cablecar1
158 posts
Nomad

A spider bit me on the left butt cheek while I was sleeping twice... I then had to do 40 curl-ups in Physical Education class the next day... you can see why I hate spiders. :3

Rubberlegs623
Rubberlegs623
96 posts
Nomad

Ever since seeing the movie Arachnaphobia, I've had exactly that.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

It seems that most people have at least a slight fear of spiders, and I'm one of those that have a slight fear of them.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

A spider bit me on the left butt cheek while I was sleeping twice... I then had to do 40 curl-ups in Physical Education class the next day... you can see why I hate spiders. :3

TMI Turkey! But...agreed. I can see where you're coming from >< Urgh. Unlucky you!
MrGameCritic
MrGameCritic
4 posts
Nomad

the only spiders i do like are the one in the picture posted earlier and turantulas im just not scared of them i mean how ironic is that

Rubberlegs623
Rubberlegs623
96 posts
Nomad

I have to admit the picture of the smiling spider is funny.

Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

Yes. I have the hugest irrational fear of spiders. I know i'm WAY bigger than it, and all I have to do is squish it, but most of the time I can't even do that.

One time, there was a spider in my bathroom and I didn't go in for three hours until my room-mate had gotten home, and I made him kill it...I know, pathetic right? I can't help it tho lol. I just get completely paralyzed with fear at the sight of them. The way they move, super fast with their disgusting little legs, and their creepy *** webs. They are just completely disgusting and useless. There is no reason for their existence and the only thing they are good for is eating Mosquito's, another equally useless creature. I just wish all arachnids and insects didn't have to exist...unfortunate there would probably be a huge imbalance on the planet, and cause plants and **** to die, anyways i'm getting off topic...sorry.

So yes, I F*cking HATE spiders, and fear them greatly!!!

JimmyDimples
JimmyDimples
74 posts
Blacksmith

I don't have a fear of spiders myself. No reason: their webs catch nasty pests and insects, and if you don't bug them (pun!), they won't bug you.

My coworker friend from Australia (the weird/dangerous animal world capital) is terrified of them. Especially the big ones like funnel web spiders.

I didn't know how bad his phobia was until one time my parents sent me a goodie package, and it had toy spiders for Halloween. One looked realistic enough -- just as a joke, I just crept up quietly, and brought it behind him to brush his elbow. He turned around to look...

...and I'd never seen him jump and shriek like that before.

I apologized thoroughly. I was honestly expecting a simple dirty look and a "knock it off, you fat drongo."

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

turantulas im just not scared of them i mean how ironic is that

Definitely ironic since most people who are terrified of spiders fear them.

I wonder, people who fear spiders. Did you manage to Watch HP and the Chamber of Secrets?
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

yeesh. i HATE spiders. whenever i see one longer than a centimeter i start to freak out. for some reason (and this goes forevery insect) i cant bring myself to kill a bug other than an ant. dunno why. maybe its because i cant get the idea of crunching it in a tisue and holding its remains until you dispose of it. [i]ewwwww....

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I used to be freaked out about them, but they're not all that bad anymore...I don't like them, but I don't jump up at the sight of them.

glaceonex23
glaceonex23
424 posts
Nomad

Some of them are harmless, but I do get scared when a harmful one shows up.

cornholiobungholio
cornholiobungholio
122 posts
Nomad

I don't like spiders as they are ugly. And if not hairy transparent. 8 eyes and 8 legs is too many. Idk if I have arachnophobia but i know I dont like them...then again idk too many people who do...

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,608 posts
Nomad

I really hate spiders and when a spider gets to close to me he must gather his 8 legs and start running cuz I will smash him.

Showing 31-45 of 57