ForumsThe TavernArachnophobia

57 9908
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Ever since i've been seeing tons of spiders in my basement, i've had a huge fear of spiders. I don't know what it is about them, but whenever I see one I feel like it's going to start crawling on me... Everything about them just creeps me out (mostly their faces).

I was wondering, does anybody else here on Ag have Arachnophobia (or know anybody who has it?)

• 57 Replies
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Come on! Who the hell is scared of a spider? If one lands on you or is in the same bathtub as you then fair enough, then. Or if there are many of them or if it is a tarantula,then fair enough then. Or if it is poisonous like the Black Widow. Otherwise I don't get, but I understand that phobias are sometimes irrational and this one isn't all too uncommon, so I guess it ain't too bad...

evman1234
evman1234
31 posts
Nomad

http://freakytrigger.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/_tmi_LINK_11615/2102998558_3659431774.jpg lol this would be scary for you guys in real life
: )

Kakapor
Kakapor
5 posts
Blacksmith

a kakapo would eat a spider

ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

i hate spiders so much they scare me to death. i once had a dream that about 200 spiders (mainly big ones)crawled on to my bed and eat me

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

alll of the people here should be ashamed how could u hate spiderman he doesnt bite!

MachineofLight
MachineofLight
317 posts
Blacksmith

I don't necessarilly dislike or like spiders but I've been in a tigh5 situation with a black widow so I might have been traumatized

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

I don't like spiders as they are ugly.

Some are admittedly bizarre. But others are elegant and fascinating. The more eyes and legs, the more interesting plus some have beautiful colours.

Or if there are many of them or if it is a tarantula,then fair enough then.

Oy there, what do you have against tarantulas? They are the most beautiful spiders ever!^^ Agreed, they're big and hairy. But dogs are big and hairy too......
BoredMartian
BoredMartian
676 posts
Nomad

I don't really know because I don't remember the last time I saw one. I even sleep in the basement. But I guess I don't really like them or think they are pleasant.

Nate388
Nate388
9 posts
Nomad

count me in bro, hate spiders O_O

JabbaMoon
JabbaMoon
16 posts
Nomad

It is said that most of us are afraid of spiders because while we are in our mothers womb; we keep staring at this big pulsating nerve- or vein bundle at our mom's stomach. And whenever our mom get's scared or angry, we get bombarded by her fear/anger hormones while this bundle gets bigger and more pulsating...

This is actually connected to a theory about why some twins don't while the other do fear spiders - cause one of them can and the other can't see this bundle of veins (or nerves). :-)

I've got twins, by the way. ;-)

Mycal101
Mycal101
307 posts
Nomad

I do not like spiders at all.
The worst ones are the Redback, White-tailed & Sydney funnelweb

warriorcats123
warriorcats123
694 posts
Nomad

It is said that most of us are afraid of spiders because while we are in our mothers womb; we keep staring at this big pulsating nerve- or vein bundle at our mom's stomach. And whenever our mom get's scared or angry, we get bombarded by her fear/anger hormones while this bundle gets bigger and more pulsating...
This is actually connected to a theory about why some twins don't while the other do fear spiders - cause one of them can and the other can't see this bundle of veins (or nerves). :-)
I've got twins, by the way. ;-)

i dont see how a big pulsating thing makes a person afraid of spiders
Showing 46-57 of 57