ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if you were a billionaire

40 5724
TheDracomancer
TheDracomancer
56 posts
Farmer

I would definitely get myself a PS3. And build my own pool, and, if I'm kind enough, donate some of them to those poor, poor, countries...

• 40 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

if I'm kind enough, donate some of them to those poor, poor, countries...

That's sad.

What would I do? Get my good friends gifts to show my gratitude, invest some of it in reliable stocks and donate a chunk to charities. Oh, and buy a splendid library of books for myself.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

I would definitely get myself a PS3. And build my own pool, and, if I'm kind enough, donate some of them to those poor, poor, countries...

So instead of investing in saving people's lives, you would buy a PS3 and construct a swimming pool for youself? Wow.

I would go skydiving, 5 times, and the rest I would donate to charities, but the charities that give more than 2% for the cause.
Aeridani
Aeridani
360 posts
Nomad

Save it. If someone finds out, a ****ton of people will be coming to my front door. I will wait till retirement to use it.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Must avoid Batman joke...

Well, first thing I'd do is pay off whatever debts my family members may have lingering around. Then move out of this house into another, get some new clothing, items, etc. After that's out of the way then I'd purchase some businesses, invest in stocks, and put a large sum of the money I have into several bank accounts. Then I'd donate a lot of whatever I have left over to some local charities and whatever else is around this city to make it a better place.

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

I'd give at least 90 percent to carefully selected charities and I'd still have enough money to live the way I want to. I wouldn't stop going to school or work. I'd save some of the money for later and spend some of it on useful things and have some fun too.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

I would be obsessed with guilt feelings for a lot of time, especially because I didn't do anything to earn all the money. If I would decide to invest and use for a good cause I would be hugely stressed because I'd risk to lose it all, to invest it in the wrong ways or donate it to the wrong people. The only solution would be donating all the money at once, but I could never make such a decision, also because I'd know that I would be able to donate two times that amount if I kept and invested the money for some years.
So I don't think it would make me much happy.

invalid777
invalid777
2,074 posts
Nomad

What do you mean by billionaire? That could mean I owned 1,000,000,000 chicken nuggets.

Anyway, I know what you mean. I would probably buy a new house along with a Maybach and hire myself a professional driver. Also, I would have stockpile of machine guns in front of my house in case someone wanted to rob me.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I would be obsessed with guilt feelings for a lot of time, especially because I didn't do anything to earn all the money.

The thread didn't specify how you got it, just that if you were a billionaire what you would do.
jakehcatcher
jakehcatcher
49 posts
Nomad

If I was a billionare I would pretty much buy anything I want and do what ever I want!

But It would also suck because you would be like famous and everybody would now who you are and how much money you have and excetera. If you think Im wrong protest i dont care

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

What do you mean by billionaire? That could mean I owned 1,000,000,000 chicken nuggets.

:O THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!!!

I think I would use the money to create my own country, and then go on a rampage of GLOBAL DOMINATION!!!!!
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

buy things. get a nuke. put the nuke in a drill headed for the center of the earth. give it a one year timer. go to mars.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

buy things. Invest some of it. Play the stocks game. Build a new bigger mansion and make a whole bunch of secret rooms. Get multiple cars and a chopper and a jet. Build a private army. Start a buisness....no....buy Apple. Make a room devoted to each gaming console and an apple computer. (My dream!) =P

BTW, I don't feel safe giving StormWalker anything that could cause bodily harm.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I wouldn't do anything. I'd have financial security, which would mean I'd never have to work or do anything ever again.

Maybe I'd buy a somewhat expensive car, but that's about it.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Pay for my house or buy a better one, depending. Fund a lab and some scientists. (Good ones). Work with them, learn, go through school, pay off college, become a scientist, ect... Make money and still be finacally secure.

ultimatesanta
ultimatesanta
91 posts
Shepherd

i would donate a quarter to charity and use the rest to spend on thing i [b]need

Showing 1-15 of 40