ForumsWEPRYou support Israel? I DO

879 270922
bobbyr5
bobbyr5
7 posts
Nomad

I just feel the morals and ethics of the middle east aren't right compared to any western country.

• 879 Replies
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

As for religion, please listen because the religion thing is really a baseless thing only people who don't really understand the conflict say.

So, zakyman doesn't really understand the conflict? Because he said this:
Yes Israel is still the poor ones because they are still the ones being attacked for no reason other than delusional madmen wanting to take back what was never theirs in the first place! Almost this entire conflict is based on religion, and while Israel is the holiest place to Jews, it is not to Muslims. In fact, Israel is specifically given to the Jews in the Coran.

and I am inclined to believe him when he says religion plays quite a role in the conflict. Even though it might be used by politicians as a tool like you said (I do think they're capable of this), it still plays a role.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

As for religion, please listen because the religion thing is really a baseless thing only people who don't really understand the conflict say.

First of all, I was taught about this conflict by Israelis who visited my school. You don't get better first hand knowledge than by that.

Jews started coming as zionists about 50-100 years before Israel was created.

Wrong again. Jews became Zionists after the Second Temple was destroyed and they were forced out of the Judea area and Israel. Have you ever heard "Hatikva," the Israeli National Anthem? It speaks of having a hope of returning to Israel for about 2000 years. Zionism only became an official movement about 160 years ago.
allond2
allond2
2 posts
Nomad

Zaky, not every Israeli is an expert on this conflict. By the way, did you know most Israelis arn't religious at all?

and I am inclined to believe him when he says religion plays quite a role in the conflict. Even though it might be used by politicians as a tool like you said (I do think they're capable of this), it still plays a role.

Call it what you want but the fighting isn't about were Jewish and their Muslim. But the fact were Jewish and their Muslim takes different roles in the conflict.

Wrong again. Jews became Zionists after the Second Temple was destroyed and they were forced out of the Judea area and Israel.

Jews always wanted to come back, I stated that myself if you care to read my post again. Zionism is a new Ideology from the late 1800's, look it up.
allond2
allond2
2 posts
Nomad

wrong acount, ops

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

By the way, did you know most Israelis arn't religious at all?

By the way, did you know you're horribly wrong?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Israel
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Lol because this?

75.3% of them are Jewish (about 5,865,300 individuals), 20.5% are Arabs (About 1,597,300 individuals), while the remaining 4.3% (about 318,200 individuals) are defined as "others" (family members of Jewish immigrants who are not registered at the Interior Ministry as Jews, non-Arab Christians, non-Arab Muslims and residents who do not have a religious classification).

I'll let you find the problem you'reself.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

Zaky, not every Israeli is an expert on this conflict. By the way, did you know most Israelis arn't religious at all?

Yes, in fact I do no that. I am insulted that you would attempt to question my sources on this conflict. I am not so shallow as to only draw knowledge from one source. I have read books on Israel such as "The Start Up Nation," "The Israel Test," and multiple encyclopedias and history textbooks about the conflict.

Zionism is a new Ideology from the late 1800's, look it up.

You are wrong. Zionism only became the official term in the 1800's. Before then there just wasn't an organized group.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I'll let you find the problem you'reself.

ill just light a few things up. the 75.3% who are jewish are jewish by their race/religion. but being jewish because of your race doesnt mean your religios. i do believe that most jewish people in israel arent religios (not sure if thats 100% right but i also think we learned about it in school).

you can be jewish by race and muslim/christian/atheist or anything else by religion.

thats all
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Yes, in fact I do no that. I am insulted that you would attempt to question my sources on this conflict. I am not so shallow as to only draw knowledge from one source. I have read books on Israel such as "The Start Up Nation," "The Israel Test," and multiple encyclopedias and history textbooks about the conflict.

Then you should know its not all about religion. Then again you're American. You seem so interested in the topic reading all those books but with all due respect, it can only get you as far as theory. If you really want to learn what its like then why not come down here youreself?
The conflict is far from over and the lack of men ever so close to ending it.
Meanwhile, I suggest you look into "1948: the first arab-israeli war" to know more about the roots of the conflict.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Nobody said it's all about religion.

I'm definitely no expert in that matter... but I could imagine that it started mainly about territorial quarrels, and that religion afterwards just played/plays a role in keeping the hatred between the two radical opposants alive. Because I guess the radicals on both sides bear the main responsability for the perpetuation of the conflict. The less-radical ones are probably more worried about land borders and various other policies.

hojoko
hojoko
508 posts
Peasant

I only have a vague understanding of the origins of the conflict, but from the way it's been portrayed by the media and those debating the topic, it seems to have turned into a "Who punched who" first contest, and who has the land rights based on religious and material ownership.

But at this point, none of that matters. What matters to me is that I have over a hundred Jewish relatives living in Israel, many of them third or even fourth generation Israelis, and removing them from their land would be just as wrong as the Zionists and British removing the Palestinians from their land.

Both sides have committed crimes, and continue to harass the population (Arab, Jewish, Christian, and whatever other demographics you can think of living their) on small and large scales. A village one of my aunts lives in was partially burned down and harassed (for want of a better word) by Palestinian snipers. Likewise, one of my cousins was run over by an Israeli Humvee in his subcompact car because they didn't care enough to stop for him.

I mean, you could support the Jews or Palestinians or whatever, but doesn't it just make more sense to support the people? From what my family has told me, at least for them, the conflict is only on the large scale, and they have no problem with the Palestinians they live near, and vice versa

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

i am from israel, and i can tell you a thing or two.
did you knew that in the israeli army, doint an not-humanic act like shooting a unarmed man and stuff is a crime that you can throw to jail for 30 years? and there are people in jail for doing so. i dont know about any man from gazza who was sent to prison by hammas for shooting a rocket on a school bus or firinig mortar on a village.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

oh and one more thing- we are the only democracy in the middle east. and you can investigate this. we dont have the same leader for 30 years, and dont massacer our citizen, arab or jewish or whatever for protesting.

i want to remind you something. israel was built as a home for the jewish peoples. now tell me, tehr can be a libirate from a libirated state?! did the english cry for libirate from the usa occupie? dod the france cried for freedom from the viatnames? no! so i dont get ther supporters.
the UN choose that ther will be 2 counteries, jewish and arabic. they tried to attack us {the Egyptiens, the Surians, the Irqians and the Morroco peoples. so you cant say we started}. can ther be a better "excuse"?

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

oh and one more thing- we are the only democracy in the middle east. and you can investigate this. we dont have the same leader for 30 years, and dont massacer our citizen, arab or jewish or whatever for protesting.

i want to remind you something. israel was built as a home for the jewish peoples. now tell me, tehr can be a libirate from a libirated state?! did the english cry for libirate from the usa occupie? dod the france cried for freedom from the viatnames? no! so i dont get ther supporters.
the UN choose that ther will be 2 counteries, jewish and arabic. they tried to attack us {the Egyptiens, the Surians, the Irqians and the Morroco peoples. so you cant say we started}. can ther be a better "excuse"?

F UNO
Who r they to decide there will b one country or two.
u come back after 2000 years and claim that you own the land thats the craziest BS I ever heard.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

u come back after 2000 years and claim that you own the land thats the craziest BS I ever heard.

I kind of agree. If we decided to give ancesters land as it was back then, Iran would be this big.
Showing 46-60 of 879