ForumsThe TavernWhat would you do if you could fly?

62 12829
stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Uhh... what the title says. I would coast right alongside drivers and yell, "I bet you wish you could do this!"

• 62 Replies
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I would get to places faster and travel a lot more than I usually would. Superheroing seems a bit cliche so I will avoid that.

By the way, did you name yourself after Stephen King the author?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It would definitely get me to places quicker and I wouldn't have to worry about cars unless I wanted to take multiple people places.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

id use it for evil or in better terms: im in a line i poke the person in front of me. he turn around and i fly over them then im in front.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

how bout i trade my ablity i give u my flying powers if i keep the wings?

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

If it doesn't take too much energy, and if I could control the flight well, I would use it as a means of transportation.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I probably would not fly. If for some reason I were to lose consciousness while in the air, I would prefer not to plummet hundreds of feet to my death and not even know it.

And, knowing me, it would be inevitable that I'd collide with a bird at some point.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I would take someone with me in the air. I would also hover in the air for a while to relax.

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I could definetly get to places a lot faster. It's really frustrating when you're late and you're stuck in a traffic jam.
It would also be useful to relax. I could easily imagine myself up there watching a sunset.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I'll use it to get to places quicker. Also, I'll land on a building's rooftop and relax.

Dankmurderer
Dankmurderer
3 posts
Nomad

I'd build house in one of the highest and the most beautiful place in the world, so nobody except me can reach that place.

IESA20
IESA20
153 posts
Nomad

I would take my fiance for a magic carpet ride and sing i will show you the world

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

Assuming I can fly reasonably fast without getting too tired.

First I'd make a world tour, getting to my destinations by flying. For two reasons: one, I get to see the world without spending money and waiting time with planes and the like. Second, I get known around the globe.
Second thing, as soon as I'm back, I'll engage a marketing guy who, thanks to the fact that after my world tour I'm a global attraction, will make my (and his) fortune.
Third thing, live a life in luxury, do a lot of fun things, fly a lot.
Fourth thing, develop a flying suit that enables me to fly around in high atmosphere and even in space, with enough place for supplies so I can pay a visit to the moon.
Fifth thing, after not being able to cope with all the paparazzi and attention anymore, bored by life on earth and surrendering to the sweet melancholic whisper of Space, I'd suicide by flying into space with my suit as far as my forces and ressources go, and die a lonely and silent death.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

without getting too tired

If you could fly, then you probably use no muscles, so you wouldn't be tired at all.
11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

fly cause it awsome and i would probaly play foot ball with helium ballon till it got to high then i get new one

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

If you could fly, then you probably use no muscles, so you wouldn't be tired at all.

Yes, but where does the impulse come from? Should we just ignore it and assume we're giving the necessary energy somhow, for the sake of answering the question?

Also wanted to add that when flying into space I'd probably sing 'The Sound Of Silence' by Simon&Garfunkel, all the time...
Showing 1-15 of 62