ForumsWEPRPROTECT IP and SOPA

73 23154
Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Information about the acts and their impacts (sorry that I couldn't find anything unbiased).

What does everyone think about these acts? Will it truly lead to the 'death of the internet' in America and set dangerous precedents for other countries/governments? Or are people just blowing it up out of proportion?

From all the news stories that I've read about it, it seems like these acts really could be disastrous (if they manage to pass), but I want to get other peoples' views/opinions on the subject.

• 73 Replies
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Not to mention that ACTA isn't just regulations on the internet - it's regulating pretty much everything via copyright.

It would also raise taxes by a ton, most likely. The government would need a lot of workers to manage such a system, and they would probably want to get paid... Bleh.

imagine what would happen with everyone that copied clothes or toys.

TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

SOPA should stop! It will harass the internet world!

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

You would still have to pay for the material to make them... Besides, there aren't any (good) 3D copiers yet. Someday, maybe. But it doesn't seem harmful enough to take notice of.

Even with a 3D copier you are still paying fro base material to use to print with. Digital copies simply don't have such constraints to them.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

no, i didnt meant copy toys with paper and a copier, i meant copying like imitating the original toy.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

no, i didnt meant copy toys with paper and a copier, i meant copying like imitating the original toy.

A 3D copier can create a three dimensional object out of what ever material you load into it. We are currently experimenting on creating viable organs in this way.
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

A 3D copier can create a three dimensional object out of what ever material you load into it. We are currently experimenting on creating viable organs in this way.

Wow that would be so great if we could make organs to help every person that needs a organ transplant.
Showing 61-66 of 73