ForumsThe TavernScience discussions.

205 26255
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

This is an area for general science and maths based discussions.

Ask me directly for any info on any science or maths based topic!

• 205 Replies
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

There's a difference between thinking you're right, and just saying it outright while stroking your own ego. Anyways, you didn't argue that you weren't being arrogant, so im happy
You said that you are right. This is hypothosising and therefore nobody is right; let's kick that into touch. Now let's think that the theory of relativity isn't completely proven. Therefore it is completely possible that neutrinos don't abide by it. That's as simple as I can put it.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

You said that you are right

Where?
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Accidently hit the submit button.

This is hypothosising and therefore nobody is right

Hypothesizing is done before the experiment, not after, now we are deducing the results.
pHacon
pHacon
1,903 posts
Nomad

It's my **** thread! And they're directing their stupid near sighted half-developed ideas at me!

That it's your thread makes no difference at all. It's a place for the discussion of all, not any one person to exhort their own silly and pedantic views, which, may I add, are a bit near-sighted and half-developed as the others. Stop self-projecting.

What do you want me to do; sit back and allow them to insult my very intelligence; the biggest thing that I have going for me!?!?

The thing is, they aren't insulting your intelligence. They're insulting your reasoning. I know many reasonably intelligent people who can't think themselves out of a box. Of course, many of them would be working on the best way to get out of the box, or the most entertaining, but I digress.

You might be right in saying that relativity may be false, but you're doing it in the wrong manner. These people are just as right in saying that you're not correct. It's science, after all. Science doesn't deal with absolute and unbending truths -- that's the job of religion, and even it has had to give ground. Just because something might be true isn't cause for everyone to agree. Those against the tide of change are just as important as those with it. Just acknowledge a difference of opinions and address each problem in an appropriate manner; that is, directly. Complaining about it gets nothing done.

That's because my ideas are on a higher plane of intelligence than anybody else's understanding. I'm so intelligent that people don't understand it so they dismiss as stupidity and then when I tell you not to be so dismissive of my ideas because dismissing things in the world whereby absolutes don't exist is just insolent immaturity. Therefore you are incorrect.

... Are you serious?

That's because I keep stating something that you still have failed to disprove; that neutrinos might travel faster than the speed of light and disobey the theory of relativity. And you keep insisting that the theory of relativity is flawless, you ****ing gimp and hypocrite.

You do realize where you've chosen to make this discussion.. Right? Do you honestly believe a group of teenagers who think they know a bit, including yourself, can do anything where some of the brightest people in the world are struggling?

Again the scientist with the new idea is never believed until he's proven. At this, I digress...

Exactly as it should be. Work should be done on it, yes, but what you're asking for is the same blind faith you accused others of.

Please just step away, calm down, and start seeing this discussion from a different perspective. You're allowing your emotions to get the best of you, and emotions have a way of distorting facts.

You said that you are right. This is hypothosising and therefore nobody is right; let's kick that into touch. Now let's think that the theory of relativity isn't completely proven. Therefore it is completely possible that neutrinos don't abide by it. That's as simple as I can put it.

Somebody is bound to be right, eventually. It's just not known who is yet.

Possible yes, but in all probability, it's likely all that would require are adjustments and not something radically new. Science is a fluid thing.

This reminds me of Van der Waal's forces. I'm -sure- you know what they are.
mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

Whatever, stick to the topic...

no, u!

And you keep insisting that the theory of relativity is flawless, you ****ing gimp and hypocrite.

He never stated that it was flawless. He is just agreeing with that theory because it is more sensible.

It's a ****ing insult on my intelligence. Get some perspective, man!

No, you get some perspective. Not everyone in the world will agree with you.

Says the hypocrite. You think that you are right; I think that I am right. Therefore you are a hypocrite

If we are going by that logic then we all are hypocrites. Go look up the diffintion...

I'm sorry if this offends you, but you aren't as smart as you think you are. You need to stop being so arrogant and hypocritical. Also, get rid of your big headedness.
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Hypothesizing is done before the experiment, not after, now we are deducing the results.
Whatever...
That it's your thread makes no difference at all. It's a place for the discussion of all, not any one person to exhort their own silly and pedantic views, which, may I add, are a bit near-sighted and half-developed as the others. Stop self-projecting.
Other should stop attacking me with ferocity, that's what the **** should happen...
The thing is, they aren't insulting your intelligence. They're insulting your reasoning. I know many reasonably intelligent people who can't think themselves out of a box. Of course, many of them would be working on the best way to get out of the box, or the most entertaining, but I digress.

You might be right in saying that relativity may be false, but you're doing it in the wrong manner. These people are just as right in saying that you're not correct. It's science, after all. Science doesn't deal with absolute and unbending truths -- that's the job of religion, and even it has had to give ground. Just because something might be true isn't cause for everyone to agree. Those against the tide of change are just as important as those with it. Just acknowledge a difference of opinions and address each problem in an appropriate manner; that is, directly. Complaining about it gets nothing done.
I just don't think that dismissing the theory of relativity possibly not being true is a good idea. Yet everyone else seemingly disagrees. Is it good scientific knowledge to dismiss anything? No it is not. Therefore I am correct.
... Are you serious?
Yes, I am.
You do realize where you've chosen to make this discussion.. Right? Do you honestly believe a group of teenagers who think they know a bit, including yourself, can do anything where some of the brightest people in the world are struggling?
Precisely! How can they disagree with me when they know no better. It's best to say that I'm unlikely to be right, not that I'm outrightly not.
Exactly as it should be. Work should be done on it, yes, but what you're asking for is the same blind faith you accused others of.

Please just step away, calm down, and start seeing this discussion from a different perspective. You're allowing your emotions to get the best of you, and emotions have a way of distorting facts.
No, passion leads to wanting to find out more, Therefore I digress as your half-sightedness.

When the scientists get it right, then I'll applaud but right now I honestly don't give a ****; I wished that people would stop attacking my hypotheses as they can't be incorrect as it is only hypothesisation.
Possible yes, but in all probability, it's likely all that would require are adjustments and not something radically new. Science is a fluid thing.
thinking radically new is the best way around a situation; if it isn't working, take a new look on it; mine; if that doesn't work then give up...
This reminds me of Van der Waal's forces. I'm -sure- you know what they are.
Yes you get them in halogens. A temporary instantaneous dipole causes the electron cloud to shift which repels the electron cloud on the next one to shift inducing a dipole. This then causes the one end to be more negative on one and more positive on the other and this causes an attraction known as Van der Waal's forces. Of course I know what they are...
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

Wow °O°
I cant believe that a science discussion just trasnform in a agressive discussion, sorry but, if somebody have a problem with others just spam useless discussion in their profile messenger.

So, whats the actual question or discussion in the forum?

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

no, u!
no.
He never stated that it was flawless. He is just agreeing with that theory because it is more sensible.
That may be so but that doesn't mean to say that it holds just because it is more logical. Science doesn't work like that and neutrinos might not abide by the theory of relativity. Who knows? But don't immediately dismiss my ideas is all I'm saying... You know? Common courtesy?...
No, you get some perspective. Not everyone in the world will agree with you.
The point is pretty much more or less that NOBODY agrees with me when they don't themselves understand it. Therefore dismissing my ideas is stupid and plain wrong; really you should consider both possibilities before you rule one out...
I'm sorry if this offends you, but you aren't as smart as you think you are. You need to stop being so arrogant and hypocritical. Also, get rid of your big headedness.
NO! That's my personality; you're trying to change who i am! All scientists are big-headed; get used to it...
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Whatever...

Not whatever, a hypotheses has endless ways to go, results do not.

I just don't think that dismissing the theory of relativity possibly not being true is a good idea. Yet everyone else seemingly disagrees. Is it good scientific knowledge to dismiss anything? No it is not. Therefore I am correct.

We're dismissing one thing, you're dismissing the opposite. So right now you're saying neither side is right.

Precisely! How can they disagree with me when they know no better. It's best to say that I'm unlikely to be right, not that I'm outrightly not.

First of all, you're a teenager too, and a very arrogant one that overrates how much he knows way to much. Second, half the people in this discussion are older then you. You're 16? Kasic, Kenty, and Phacon are all older and I'm not sure about everyone else.

I wished that people would stop attacking my hypotheses as they can't be incorrect as it is only hypothesisation.

Once again, it's not a hypothesis after the experiment.

Also, you never told me where i said i am right

There's a difference between thinking you're right, and just saying it outright while stroking your own ego. Anyways, you didn't argue that you weren't being arrogant, so im happy

You said that you are right.

Where?
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

So, whats the actual question or discussion in the forum?
Just general science discussions. This one is on the theory of relativity and whether or not they can be disproved by neutrinos traveling faster than the speed of light and whether they can travel faster than the speed of light or not. And also there's one on nuclear fusion and what your views and opinions are on that and questions etc.

Hi! And welcome to the thread: "Science Discussions"!
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

when they don't themselves understand it

Or maybe you don't understand it.

Therefore dismissing my ideas is stupid and plain wrong;

We aren't dismissing, we are arguing.

really you should consider both possibilities before you rule one out...

You should try this too.

All scientists are big-headed; get used to it...

A) That's a terrible assumption to make
B) You're not a scientist, your a student.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

So don't be judgmentally dismissive like that, KentyBK.

This is a debate don't start resorting to petty insults.

To start off, I'd advise you to look at those sentences and take the advice to heart yourself, because this page alone is nothing but you looking down on everyone else, passing judgment on them being stupid,ignorant and a bunch of other things I don't care to quote.

"Oh, that's not right. The theory of relativity is indefinite and can't be disproven. Ehhhhhh.....!"

Not a SINGLE person has said this. The only time someone presented a bit of science as "indefinite" was you, talking about gravity.

What everyone IS challenging is the notion that relativity should not be taken into account for the neutrino experiment.

If neutrinos don't obey the laws of physics, then they don't.

Absolutely. But you have to take the laws pf physics into account to show the contradiction. If relativity is taken into account and they don't break LS, nothing happens because the validity of the theory is proven. If they DO, then yes, neutrinos work differently than what we think (which is what I already explained in my previous post).

Stop arguing with me and accept my idea as an alternate hypothesis for argument's sakes.

You yourself declared this as a science discussion thread. Why wouldn't we be allowed to discuss your hypothesis?

It's still a theory that neutrinos might not obey.

That's a hypothesis, not a theory. Otherwise, the entire neutrino thing would be resolved by *actual* scientists already. Not amateur scientists on a flash game website.

I just don't think that dismissing the theory of relativity possibly not being true is a good idea. Yet everyone else seemingly disagrees.

Nobody is. Show me proof of someone saying the theory itself is 100% infallible.

Precisely! How can they disagree with me when they know no better.

Out of curiosity, why *exactly* did you make this thread? This comes of as just being condescending towards everyone else, for no other reason than them disagreeing with you.

I wished that people would stop attacking my hypotheses as they can't be incorrect as it is only hypothesisation.

I hypothesize that in 100 years, the sky will turn purple and hippos take over the earth. You better not attack my hypothesis because it can't be incorrect.

The point is pretty much more or less that NOBODY agrees with me when they don't themselves understand it. Therefore dismissing my ideas is stupid and plain wrong;

You realise you're dismissing their ideas just the same?
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Not whatever, a hypotheses has endless ways to go, results do not
We're discussing hypotheses, not results.
Not whatever, a hypotheses has endless ways to go, results do not
Precisely! we're just sharing hypotheses; don't take things so seriously... Yes I'm a hypocrite and proud!
First of all, you're a teenager too, and a very arrogant one that overrates how much he knows way to much. Second, half the people in this discussion are older then you. You're 16? Kasic, Kenty, and Phacon are all older and I'm not sure about everyone else.
I'm studying physics. What the **** are you studying? ****?
Once again, it's not a hypothesis after the experiment.

I'm hypothosising the theory of relativity not the speed of traveling neutrinos. Jesus ****ing Christ; you don't even know what the **** we're debating, you ****ing gimp.
**** that. That's ****.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

We're discussing hypotheses, not results.

THE EXPERIMENT IS DONE, THE HYPOTHESES WAS EITHER WRONG OR CORRECT NOW, WE NEED THE RESULTS TO FIGURE THAT OUT. WE CAN'T MAKE A NEW HYPOTHESES TO FIT THESE RESULTS.

Precisely! we're just sharing hypotheses; don't take things so seriously...

Read the above caps

Yes I'm a hypocrite and proud!

I'm hypothosising the theory of relativity not the speed of traveling neutrinos

So where's the experiment or results that you are using to prove this?

**** that. That's ****.

I'm not even sure what idea you're trying to get across now.
gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

THE EXPERIMENT IS DONE, THE HYPOTHESES WAS EITHER WRONG OR CORRECT NOW, WE NEED THE RESULTS TO FIGURE THAT OUT. WE CAN'T MAKE A NEW HYPOTHESES TO FIT THESE RESULTS.
Okay, okay, okay. I get it. I'm just pointing out a possible hypothesis. I'm not saying that it is correct, You might be, neither of us might be, who knows?
So where's the experiment or results that you are using to prove this?
it's a hypothesis not a theory.
I'm not even sure what idea you're trying to get across now.
Nothing; I've give up...
Showing 181-195 of 205