ForumsThe TavernWhat would the worst REAL superpower be?

53 7881
Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

I think that it would be shrinking to the size of a grain of rice.

• 53 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I think that it would be shrinking to the size of a grain of rice.

So if you want to crawl into someone's brain and kill them without them knowing (or even control their mind) and then get away with it without there being a single trace that you were behind it, that wouldn't be a good superpower?

Aquaman has a pretty lame superpower. The ability to talk to fish? Come on. How much crime actually takes place under the sea?
gamer1111111
gamer1111111
204 posts
Farmer

Although you have to admit that being able to breath under water and controll sealife would be pretty cool.I think the worst one would have to be...hmm I can't really think of a bad super power.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I forgot the super heroes name, but he could eat through anything. Only good use I can see from that is to escape from people.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Probably laser vision. I bet that would give people headaches:P

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Invincibility.

Because living forever would really suck.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I forgot the super heroes name, but he could eat through anything. Only good use I can see from that is to escape from people.

I think I know who you're talking about. Matter-Eater Lad, right? Yeah, that certainly wouldn't be very... helpful, at any rate.
cornholiobungholio
cornholiobungholio
122 posts
Nomad

I would say...sneezing acid,first of all it would have to hurt secondly its so awkward to use, thirdly awkward superhero names like:Noseman! he sniffs out the crime

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

Being fast. Win all the track meets but other than that you can't do anything super.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Invincibility.

Because living forever would really suck.

If you're invincible, you can't grow weaker and you can't age, so you'll be young and strong and fit forever. I wouldn't mind having that power; I'd be able to do anything I want whenever I want without worrying about the consequences, and I could charge high fees for fighting crime.

Being fast. Win all the track meets but other than that you can't do anything super.

It wouldn't be very useful for fighting crime, but it would be pretty cool to have the ability to run fast enough to blaze across an entire ocean and explore the world without all the pesky traveling fees.
Xzaithyr
Xzaithyr
138 posts
Bard

I always thought Jubilee's power in the X-Men cartoons was terribly lame. I mean shooting lame little sparks, or backyard fireworks or whatever you would call them out of your fingers is just lame.

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

to make ur self weak so u die easyly worse power ever

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

invinciblilty... i wouldnt want to live forever seeing everybody i care for die. unless someone else also has that power its the worst for me.

or glowing.... im not sure when or where i saw this but i defenitely remember that.... unless you are in a cave (and even then without a flashlight) its worthless

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

Aquaman has a pretty lame superpower. The ability to talk to fish? Come on. How much crime actually takes place under the sea?
You do realise that criminals dump their muder victims' dismembered corpses into the deep blue sea, right? He could discover any bodies that weren't crushed to **** underwater and thus help the cops solve crime; ain't so bad...

Still I think that the world's worst real superpower would be telepathy. It is rubbish because you wouldn't wanna read people's minds because they could be thinking something bad about you and you wouldn't like it. Or some really disgusting unrepeatable things and why the hell would you want that branded on your conscience for the rest of your life? It wouldn't be worth it...

Telekinesis is better than telepathy. The ability to move **** with your mind's a pretty freakin good idea. Still the necessity to perfect it to actually perform it is a pain, but I suppose you'd get past that after lengthy and vigourous training. Then you could lift things up and I don't really know how that could possibly come in handy, but I suppose if a bad guy had a gun to a civilian's head. You could telekinetically move the knife behind him and stab in through the back of his head and the blade would come out through his eye. Then you could pull it all the way through including the handle and the force of it and the reduction of structural integrity would cause the man's head to explode under the pressure and his blood and brains and skull fragments and flesh and pieces of skin would be splattered everywhere. Now that'd be awesome, but the civilian would probably be traumatised by that...

Now Face off Watchmen has a stupid superpower; the ability to make his balaclava's pattern to move about. What is the point in that? The only person that seems to have an actual superpower on that film is Mr Manhatten with extreme intelligence and telekinetic abilities. He can cause people to explode via the power of his mind! That frickin awesome! But the others don't seem to have superpowers... Hmm... And Batman doesn't either, he's just a super rich super agile guy who has the technology and the agility to beat up bad guys. Although the Joker gave him a run for his money on Dark Knight...

A really stupid ability, would be the ability to be invisible like the invisible woman off the Fantastic Four (which, by the way, is a terrible movie; don't watch it... Stick with superhero movies like Watchmen, Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman etc.). It's okay for her, I guess because she has the ability to turn invisible, but to ordinary people this is a somewhat pointless superpower because normal people don't have the technology that the invisible woman does and therefore they have to strip off to stop people from seeing their still visible clothes. If it's cold out that ain't nice no more... Or you can grow exhausted and your superpower stops and everybody can see your genitalia, that's gotta be somewhat embarrasing, don't you think? I mean if you had the ability to turn things invisible then you could turn your clothes invisible and yourself at the same time as well as anybody or anything else... That's a better superpower.

I think that all superpowers are rubbish unless if you have the ability to turn them off. Like the ability to become super powerfully strong but then the instant ability to turn off that superpower. None of the super strong superheroes seem to have the ability to turn off that particular ability, which must be annoying because whenever you wanna open up a can of soda, your super strength causes you to crush the can without meaning to and getting soda all over yourself. That's stupid. It's pretty much the same with any superpower that you cannot turn off. And why aren't women ever super strong? Men generally have a heavier build than women, but if it s a superpower, it wouldn't matter about the ability to be strong, because it's a superpower and therefore it doesn't matter about normal ability, just the superpower that the person possesses within them. A woman with super strength and the ability to turn it off and as the main character and the only superhero in the movie's pretty good. But as far as I can tell Mr Manhatten is the only one with the superpower in Watchmen, and any other movie only seems to have a single superhero. Why don't the superheroes from the main movies come together in a single movie. Like, Batman, Spiderman and Superman? Plus the last Superman movies was truly terrible and had no substance whatsoever because it was truly terrible and boring and it has put the nail in the coffin for if they ever wanna make another Superman movie ever again.
Like I said any superpower is annoying if it doesn't have an off option sometimes. Including super strength. I like forcefield though. I was watching Torchwood and a woman was found to be invincible because she had a forcefield shaped around her body a millimeter off her skin. This prevented any pathogens getting into her body or any bodily harm to come to her because the forcefield deflected anything that threatened harm to her. This was because she was possessed by an alien that had come through the Rip. The forcefield ability is ironically one of the only ones to be able to turn off, yet you wouldn't want to. Not if you had the same one as this woman had (but obviously no possessed by aliens). Then you'd never be ill or killed! You could only die of old age because the forcefield deflects everything else! Or cancer because that is when your cells start to multiply out of control, but the chances would be greatly reduced because the forcefield would absorb normal background radiation that other people normally get, so the odds of getting cancer are greatly reduced. And you would survive a nuclear explosion because the forcefield would protect you from the blast and then absorbs the radiation. You survive! Unfortunately, your entire family and all your friends and family would be killed. Unless if they happened to have the same superpower as you which is possible if you inherited it from them, but if you got it through scientific experimentation, then obviously unless they has that done on them as well, then they would be obliterated. Or if they're outside the blast radius they would die of radiation sickness. Not good... Plus the radiation would destroy the soil. The plants would be killed by radiation and destroys their cells so they'd die along with the animals. After you've eaten some the rest would go rotten. And then you either have to eat it and risk food poisoning, or don't and then you'll probably still eat it when you become desperate enough. If help doesn't arrive in time and if you don't get to eat because you are in the city and there is no food left and if you can't drive to the countryside because of the destroyed cars by the nuclear explosion blocking the roads then you'll possibly starve to death which your forcefield doesn't protect you from. So you still probably wouldn't survive, because why would help come if they assumed that everybody's either died by the blast radius or radiation sickness? So that's no too good... Still, under normal circumstances, the forcefield a millimeter above the skin is the only superpower that I can think of that you wouldn't wanna turn on.

But because there are so many factors to take into consideration, not to include the responsibility you'll have whether you decide to play hero, villain or to live a normal life. Therefore it is impossible to choose. But possible the ability to live forever. I was watching Torchwood: Miracle Day, and people were being horrifically mutilated as a result of not being able to die. It was a lot worse on that because everybody wasn't dying. And as a result the population was spiralling out of control and food was running out. People were starving as a result, but still not dyin... The ability to live forever is therefore possibly the worst one I can think of. An explosion tears you apart and you can still feel it because you're still alive. Invincible but horribly maimed. Therefore I'd say that invincibility is the worst one plus the fact that your family would be dying around you and you would outlive your own kids and grand kids and great grand kids. That'd be truly terrible! Because you'd be truly old and decrepit but unable to die! And your family would die in front of you and you would still be alive after octillions or years! If the universe was destroyed you wouldn't exist anymore otherwise you'd still be alive forever! Therefore I'd say that that's probably the worst superpower to have...

Thanks for taking the time to read this extremely long and essay styled response. I hope this answers the question.
deathbot
deathbot
65 posts
Peasant

To die when you use it! BU-DUM TSHHHH!

Peter20
Peter20
543 posts
Peasant

If you're invincible, you can't grow weaker and you can't age, so you'll be young and strong and fit forever.

yea but if you're born with it you'll be a new born forever

it think the worst would be every time you blink you destroy everything in your sight youd live aalone never be able to go anywhere fun or anything
Showing 1-15 of 53