ForumsThe TavernWhat one thing would you change in the past?

24 4126
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

Here is the original thread, but i think it's too old.

This one thing has to apply to you specifically, forget about all the weird time paradoxes.

Mine would be to either pick a lotto ticket that wins 1 million dollars, or to make it so one of my great grandparents invents something big.

• 24 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I think I would go back to the day of Hitler's conception. Or I would go back to when I've made mistakes in my life (or at least when I think I made mistakes.) And change them.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

u know figure out those test answears and fix them

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I would not change a thing. Changing even the smallest thing in the past could lead to an unfortunate chain of events, which could lead to some unimaginable catastrophe.

Best to leave history as it is and not mess with it.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I would not change a thing. Changing even the smallest thing in the past could lead to an unfortunate chain of events, which could lead to some unimaginable catastrophe.
Best to leave history as it is and not mess with it.

I would change it so that Ernie read the Op post and not just the thread title.

forget about all the weird time paradoxes
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

I read it, I just can't comprehend the idea of changing the past without the domino effect.

You can't have one without the other.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Psh, that's a stupid thing to waste such a powerful opportunity on.
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

i would go back in time and make this forum about going back in time instead of a forum about ernie not reading jeez u just made me waste such powerful ablities are u happy now I SAID ARE U HAPPY NOW

cornholiobungholio
cornholiobungholio
122 posts
Nomad

I'd go way back and give cavemen guns,computers,eletricity(somehow) and come back to modern time and see what has happened. All just to see :P

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I would use my knowledge of history to become a government advisor. This is all assuming that I can go back to the future whenever I want. I would choose a country that I will advise into a huge empire. Probably conquer the Americas. North and South. I will achieve this by convincing Canada and the US to combine. How, I have no idea but I will do it!

eatmydust166
eatmydust166
923 posts
Peasant

I wouldn't change anything. Not because I'm afraid of something changing, but because I believe everything happens for a reason. Without what I once did, I wouldn't be who I am today. All the lessons I learned from my mistakes are what make me who I am and without that, I might be a worse person.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

Oh! I would go back to when the Olmecs put up the giant rocks and learn how they did it. Then I would roll them back down. So that the only person who would know was me.
Or I might go back to the time when Americas, was concured by the spanish and such, and make it so that they can defend themselves. Of course that would mean I would never be born...

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

i wouldnt change anything cause then my whole life would be completly different.

gamer66618
gamer66618
274 posts
Nomad

You do realise that if you back in time even your presence would probably change the entirety of the future because of the Butterfly Affect and the exponential knock-on domino affects. These would cause the entire course of history to change somehow, in ways beyond imagination or cohersion.So I wouldn't wanna change the past because it would change everything.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

You do realise that if you back in time even your presence would probably change the entirety of the future because of the Butterfly Affect and the exponential knock-on domino affects. These would cause the entire course of history to change somehow, in ways beyond imagination or cohersion.So I wouldn't wanna change the past because it would change everything

exactly! plus my chilhood life had a lot of things so if i changed my mom not being on drugs i would still be living with her my adoptive parents wouldnt have me and soo soo many tiny things would change its hard to imaginge
johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

I would save Abraham Lincoln from being assassinated.

Showing 1-15 of 24