ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

704 155118
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Since this topic hasn't been popping up much, and since the old threads are all so cluttered up, I took the liberty of creating this new one.

So yes, someone asked me for sources about my claims that 1500 species of animals practice homosexual behaviour? Here.

Source 1

Source 2

Now on to one of the sub questions. Is it natural? Well, someone mentioned that it wasn't natural only for humans. Now, why this discrimination? If the Gods of various religions keep throwing and creating people who are homosexual, either a) They're bad factory operators or b) Something is fishy with whatever anti-gay talk religious conservatives swear is sacred.

• 704 Replies
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

But isn't it fine for someone to believe for oneself that homosexuality is wrong? After all, it is one's personal opinion.

Well yes, techinically its also fine to hate all black people, and to think of women as lesser beings. But you cannot let that influence how you treat these people because it isn't fair to them. If you are going to, then you will need a good argument for why. And so far one hasn't been presented. Though there are plenty for why they should be respected.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Well, defining them specifically and only as homosexuals, no. I was just thinking of homosexuality in general rather than in person.

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Could you please rephrase?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Their is a difference b/w knowing what is right and doing what is right.

and there is a difference between knowing what the is right and THINKING what is right.

and jeol. i said that in such a tone to show that if we all knew what is right we wouldnt have this convo
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

and there is a difference between knowing what the is right and THINKING what is right.

and jeol. i said that in such a tone to show that if we all knew what is right we wouldnt have this convo

Bloody right u are.
dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

Okay. I was referring to homosexuality rather than homosexual people. The idea versus the people who believe it. Does that make more sense? Not to bash on homosexual people just because they are homosexual, for example. It's like prohibiting someone from your house just because they were wearing a plain t-shirt and no other reason.

Oh okay. I get it now. Yeah, or like not being someone's friend just because they like pain. Its not fair to them.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

But is an issue such as this specifically right or wrong? Homosexuality (or sexuality in general) appeals to me like music - either I like it or I don't, it's a matter of my opinion. Maybe I like metal, maybe I don't. That shouldn't necessarily alter the opinion of anybody else's.

same for me. its not right or wrong because its part of what someone is. but those who are against it think it is wrong.

so if we knew that homosexuality wasnt wrong we wouldnt be here right now.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

so if we knew that homosexuality wasnt wrong we wouldnt be here right now.

Except that it is not.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Wait... Do you mean as if we all had the same opinion on homosexuality? You are confusing me. Do you mean 'knew' or 'thought'?

i mean knew. if we all knew the same thing wed have the same opinion about it and wouldnt be here.

Except that it is not.

except the word "knew" doesnt work in your sentence because i "know" that it isnt wrong just like you. and this leads to this:

what is wrong in your opinion? whatever youve been told by your religion im guessing?

unlike you i have my own opinion. and i think that something that hurts someone is wrong. homosexuality doesnt hurt people, so it is not wrong in my opinion
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Opinion would be 'thought', in that case. If you know it, it's a fact. That might clear up some confusion. We both think that homosexuality is a preference and a matter of opinion, so it seems, so it would be thought instead of knew.

yes i thought about fact/opinion after ive posted XP.

if we knew that thing we wouldnt have opinions because it would be a fact. which is the reason why there isnt a "murder, right or wrong" thread XD
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

what is wrong in your opinion? whatever youve been told by your religion im guessing?

unlike you i have my own opinion. and i think that something that hurts someone is wrong. homosexuality doesnt hurt people, so it is not wrong in my opinion

Then I guess I am a religious fanatic in ur opinion ryte?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Then I guess I am a religious fanatic in ur opinion ryte?

idk? was my guess right? if yes then i do think you do not have your own opinion and you rely just on a book. and i AM a religios person
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Well yes, techinically its also fine to hate all black people, and to think of women as lesser beings. But you cannot let that influence how you treat these people because it isn't fair to them. If you are going to, then you will need a good argument for why. And so far one hasn't been presented. Though there are plenty for why they should be respected.

You contradict yourself. You are treating homosexuals differently because of your opinion(s).
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Yes i follow my religion
And every thing that is harmful to human being is forbidden in Islam Like homosexuality.

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

You contradict yourself. You are treating homosexuals differently because of your opinion(s).

Differently? How? I'm saying they should be treated as equals. No better, no worse. We have the right to marry then so should they. Thats equal.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

And every thing that is harmful to human being is forbidden in Islam Like homosexuality.

And homosexuality is harmful to who?
Showing 61-75 of 704