ForumsWEPRRobots Becoming Smarter than Us

56 14587
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

My question is, what do you think would happen if robots became more intelligent than us? Please say why you think that would happen. (BTW They gained this intellegence from the bottom up approach and nothing was preprogramed into them other than the technology to gain and use intellegence with no help from a human)

• 56 Replies
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

but can you put the human back to the living after 10 years with just giving him/her energy?

Have we ever tried that effectivley? It's true that with humans it's more like the circuits are all becoming crap and there really isn't replacement parts so you can't restart them, but when both stop processing things, they both stop processing things.

Or if I dare get religious you could think of humans being reincarnated while computers get replugged.

*side note: i just dropped my mouse and not it's clicker can only work if clicked in one spot, any suggestions on how to fix it?*
ellock
ellock
385 posts
Blacksmith

Yeah that is impossible humans are constantly growing and learning and a non living robot could not learn fast enough plus if that ever happened the government would have to stop because of all the people that would be angry about it

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Yeah that is impossible humans are constantly growing and learning and a non living robot could not learn fast enough plus if that ever happened the government would have to stop because of all the people that would be angry about it

Humans have all only a lifetime to learn, and only a brain to learn. Robots learn dependently on software and hardware, which is both upgradable, and they possibly could transmit their knowledge directly to each other if provided with the means to do so..
..it is definitely possible, it just depends on what roboter.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

Humans have all only a lifetime to learn, and only a brain to learn. Robots learn dependently on software and hardware, which is both upgradable, and they possibly could transmit their knowledge directly to each other if provided with the means to do so..

Yea I agree, and our brain is made to multitask as says nicley in the link partydevil posted I think 2 pages back, so if we're made to multitask, and the robot is able to zone in on only one task which in this case would be collecting as much information as possible, I think the robot would definatley win if they are both given the same time period to larn something.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

most of our brain activety is used to move, breath, digestion, blinking, etc. etc.

as said befor a robot can upgrade itself almost unlimited.
we are stuck whit what our brain can do.

computers are not smarter then humans yet (in some aspects they are and some not) but it is just matter of time (not much years anymore) befor they will.

they will simply be beter then humans.

however, they will never experience the feeling of being alive.
love, hunger, adrenalin, hate, jealousy, need to pee. things like that.
that will be something only for us.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

however, they will never experience the feeling of being alive.
love, hunger, adrenalin, hate, jealousy, need to pee. things like that.
that will be something only for us.

and for animals too.

..it is definitely possible, it just depends on what roboter.

and its programation.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

and for animals too.

well duh.. wasn't that just obvius? xD
i was talking about the feeling of being alive. ofcours animals to. thats just logic.
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

ofcours animals to. thats just logic.

I agree, it's actualy kind of funny because I really no longer seperate humans from animals and when I tell that to some people they are horrified, which is quite stupid since we really are animals, just 'smarter' ones.
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Robots aren't intelligent. But they can be programmed extensively so that it seems that they are intelligent.

argamer1
argamer1
7 posts
Nomad

well i think they would rebel upon us because we would treat them bad (of course only if they got so intelligent that they have emotions or we were so dumb that we progammed them some emotions)

90 posts
Nomad

Humans and animals have one thing that robots don't have; instinct.

Showing 46-56 of 56