ForumsThe TavernMath Thread

386 73043
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

This thread is just what the title says it is. It is all about Math. You can post math jokes(the jokes don't have to be good), math questions, what you like about Math, or even why you hate Math.

My math joke: Resistance is not futile. It is voltage divided by amps.

• 386 Replies
44Flames
44Flames
585 posts
Nomad

I just finished my math exam and think I did really well on it!

wakyswag
wakyswag
181 posts
Nomad

My math class is a joke... Im in seventh grade and my class doesn't know how to MULTIPLY FRACTIONS LOL im the geek and yes there is a diff betweeen geek and nerd. a Nerd has no social life, a geek does.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I just finished my math exam and think I did really well on it!

Hopefully you did do well.

I have a Statistics test coming up over 1-proportion and 2-proportion Z tests. The worst part is the conditions and the context. They make each problem take forever.
TheGodZlo
TheGodZlo
106 posts
Shepherd

I hate maths!

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

lol to people who call it maths... Darn Europeepians...

Thaboss is doing... Algebra I? Or something... He's on the chapter about y-intercepts and such. (point-slope form...) Prop all simple stuff to everyone else... Thaboss's school has a bad math program..

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Thaboss is doing... Algebra I? Or something... He's on the chapter about y-intercepts and such. (point-slope form...) Prop all simple stuff to everyone else... Thaboss's school has a bad math program..

Sounds like Algebra I. That sucks that you have a bad math program, unless you hate math, then you are probably happy.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Ah, now I see it. For some strange reason I was thinking of the more sides of black and probability for picking it up for the second problem than the first, don't know why.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I'm taking AP Physics B next year, which is differenct from AP Physics C in that B involves no Calculus. Could someone explain to me the differences between the two, largely in the math involved?

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Could someone explain to me the differences between the two, largely in the math involved?

I am not totally sure. I am taking C next year so we can compare notes.

I think C is more electricity/electromagnetism related while B is more motion related. Don't hold me to that though.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I think C is more electricity/electromagnetism related while B is more motion related. Don't hold me to that though.

The teacher told me that B is basically Mechanical Engineering and force and such. Dunno about C.

What was the work like in B?
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

From college board about Physics C:
The subject matter of the C course is principally mechanics and electricity and magnetism, with approximately equal emphasis on these two areas.

What was the work like in B?

I don't really know. I didn't take Physics B, I am in A(I). If it is anything like A(which I think it is pretty much the same except for a chapter or two) it is easy. I have had an A in Physics ever grading period.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Nice. I want to be an engineer, so I'm going to be one of a few juniors in B.

The guy who teaches physics is one of those teachers who wants to give you an A. More importanly, most people get atleast a 3 on the AP Exam. So I'm really looking forward to it.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

I like the math part of Physics more then the concept part. I have never been really good at memorizing stuff but I can plug and chug pretty well.

They give you the equations on the tests so you don't have to memorize them, just understand them.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Thaboss likes math. He's in honors math. It's just that all the other math teachers are horrible except the one honors math teacher, and she just retired last year. So thaboss likes the math, not the teacher.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

It's just that all the other math teachers are horrible

So now all of the math teachers stink. That sucks. Most of the math teachers I have had have been OK to Great. One bad one in there but what can you do about that.
Showing 286-300 of 386