ForumsThe TavernLittle kids being brats

45 5848
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

It may just be me, but I think little kids have taken a turn for the worst in the past five or so years.
For one thing, they can't entertain themselves because they sit in front of the TV all day, reliant on little kid shows, where about 50 years ago we would've been sent outside to entertain ourselves.

Also, they often think that they get everything they want, (because at home, they often do) You can usually see this happen at a mall or shop. Y'know, some kid starts screaming because he/she didn't get something they wanted?

I don't know, do you think toddlers have become not-so-nice?

• 45 Replies
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I have a cousin who is 3 years old and throws tantrums at the slightest things. I was babysitting her last month, and we were going through a Christmas catalogue, and she literally said "I want this, Lexis" about every single toy aside from the 'icky boy toys'. I love her to death, but her parents give her ANYTHING she wants. She is definitely spoiled and acts like a diva when she doesnt get what she wants. However, she spends a lot of time outside playing games with me, her mom, and Jonathan, her annoying dad.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well, watching TV as compared to going out isn't a bad thing, as times change, what kids will do will just change. I like kids in general, and I don't mind them at all, unless they go into the wildest of tempers, but so far I haven't encountered many of those.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

For one thing, they can't entertain themselves because they sit in front of the TV all day,

I would agree to that. I have three younger siblings, two of which are not even teenagers yet. If they don't have a computer or a T.V, they constantly moan about being bored.

do you think toddlers have become not-so-nice?

If you mean just toddlers, there's a reason the term, "The Terrible 2's" came about.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

And the threes. But also i guess 2-8 or 9 year olds. No imagination in some of them Not all, but some

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

For one thing, they can't entertain themselves because they sit in front of the TV all day

I have to entertain an 11 and a 12 year old once every two weeks now. They complain when I say they can't use my Xbox or get on the computer, and my mom and their dad make me give it to them.

Granted, I'm not too different, but at least I was playing outside at their age. Having to spend nine hours playing my Xbox (I can't even last two, so WTF) is obnoxious.

they often think that they get everything they want

Haha... ha....

You must not be around poor/lower middle class kids very much (or rednecks).
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Less poorer class here, I'm afraid. It's why the right-side government was voted last time

Varkanox
Varkanox
2 posts
Nomad

Because, "in at least America" hitting your kids for disciplinary reasons can throw you into jail, kids have no structure anymore...and follow ****ty role models.

glaceonex23
glaceonex23
424 posts
Nomad

Sometimes I get irritated when they blame me for their wrong doing. And their parents show up and making me look the one who did it. *sigh* T_T Even thought it was the little kid's fault.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

i dont blame too much tv. i blame uneducating tv. my brother and sister cant watch tv because its so boring. todays shows either teach you how to count or right away jump to those comedy that teenagers would watch.

i used to watch PLENTY of tv but the shows didnt underestimate children. i remember that there was blood, death, sickness and things that actually happen in real life. you just cant compare the old tv shows to the new ones :/

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

For one thing, they can't entertain themselves because they sit in front of the TV all day,

I would agree to that. I have three younger siblings, two of which are not even teenagers yet. If they don't have a computer or a T.V, they constantly moan about being bored.

it depends what they can else do than watching tv or playing pc. if they like yugioh or magic the gathering, play cards with them. or ask if they want to play a board game. depends on the game, because i know some kids that plays board games if i bring or ask what board games they have.

ScouseWarrior
ScouseWarrior
1,391 posts
Nomad

I'm a only child, but I have a cousin who is 6 Years Old, he is the biggest horror I have ever met, he blackmailed, my 12 Year Old cousin he got 152 presents for his birthday (Yes his birthday) and when he was done he screamed:
"IS THAT IT I WANT MORE!" He wants Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street and well you get the point. His mom got him one and took the dvd out and gave him the box lol. But all he does is stay in and play on his Wii... sitting down O.o

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

it depends what they can else do than watching tv or playing pc.

If they don't have those, then they play their Nintendo DS's and subsequent games. If they don't have that, they play Wii. If they don't have that, they moan about being bored.

or ask if they want to play a board game. depends on the game, because i know some kids that plays board games if i bring or ask what board games they have.

They don't, except for when my friends and I play monopoly/poker/chess, then they want to play. And that's when we don't want them to, because we have running figures of who has won the most.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Little kids being brats

it depends all on the upbringing of the parents. ever seen the dog whisperer? ever seen the one episode in southpark where the dog whisperer helped cartmans mom to make a good child out of him? if you make errors in the upbringing, they will "dance on your nose" and be the boss, knowing what to do to get what they want.

SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

He wants Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street and well you get the point.

I know what you mean the other day I was snowboarding with this kid who was like 10 and he started watching zombie land on his i pod touch.

they often think that they get everything they want

You must not be around poor/lower middle class kids very much (or rednecks).

good point and I know exactly what you mean

todays shows either teach you how to count or right away jump to those comedy that teenagers would watch.

you forgot cartoon network and adult shows like NCIS
loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

adult shows like NCIS

not really an adult show.

but yes i despise children like that, makes me just want to yell at the parents who (if it's the screaming kicking child) just seemingly ignore it (or if it's the spoiled children) just tell that they're doing it wrong
Showing 1-15 of 45