ForumsThe TavernLittle kids being brats

45 5849
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

It may just be me, but I think little kids have taken a turn for the worst in the past five or so years.
For one thing, they can't entertain themselves because they sit in front of the TV all day, reliant on little kid shows, where about 50 years ago we would've been sent outside to entertain ourselves.

Also, they often think that they get everything they want, (because at home, they often do) You can usually see this happen at a mall or shop. Y'know, some kid starts screaming because he/she didn't get something they wanted?

I don't know, do you think toddlers have become not-so-nice?

• 45 Replies
Poobaloofa
Poobaloofa
111 posts
Jester

my cousin likes puching me and biting me for entertainment. she is only 2 but I've told her to stop millions of times

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

my cousin likes puching me and biting me for entertainment. she is only 2 but I've told her to stop millions of times

you could use a spray can to spray water at her everytime she trys to bite you.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

or like my parents, spank them. "omg that's abuse" yeh whatever

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

or like my parents, spank them. "omg that's abuse" yeh whatever

thats how i raised up. if i did something horribly wrong i got slaped on my buttocks.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

thats how i raised up. if i did something horribly wrong i got slaped on my buttocks.

I find spanking so weird. I mean, the butt? Of all places, why the butt?

But yes, I do think they're brats. Do you know how long it took me to get my little sister to become respectable? A LONG TIME. I could hardly stand her for so long because she would do whatever she wants to me and I would be forced to let her because she was younger and a girl. She recived, no punishment at all. So I had to get her to understand what she was doing was wrong. I compleatly agree that little kids are brats. I was probably a brat too.
KineticNinja
KineticNinja
166 posts
Nomad

Toddlers are always like that, aren't they? After all, they do have nothing to live for.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Yay! I'm not the only one!
Sorry, continue with your stories of annoying little kids

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

You all seem to forget what being a kid was like. You did exactly what you wanted, to hell with everyone else. Part of growing up is learning how to act properly. You never have to teach a kid how to act up.

So kids are brats because they are untaught humans, and humans are terrible disgusting things.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

This would be the second thread I've seen you argue against the topic today. The first one was the anti-santa one. Is it a hobby?
Also, I was brought up to behave, so I don't recall what you mean.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

First and foremost, I only "argue against the topic" if it's stupid. Which in the case of the anti Santa one, was.

As for this thread, I'm not arguing. I'm adding to the conversation.

Second, cool story bro, you were raised to behave, good for you! So was the rest of the population!

So why are kids brats today? Ask there parents, it's as simple as that! My point was you can't blame a kid for being a bad kid. Because, they only do what they are taught, which is not a lot.

I'm also curious as to why you bring up kids not playing out side....you would rather have parents throw there kids out into the world we live in today, then watch spongebob?

The reason kids are inside a lot is because parents have concerns for there safety. I'm not saying that you should be over protective of your kid, but yea your parents where outside all day because they where told to get out until it was dark!

idontlikeyou
idontlikeyou
41 posts
Nomad

Yeah, and times are a lot worse than they were before. ODVIOUSLY you won't have as many kids playing outside, so you can't blame the kids for not going outside, unless you live in Utopia.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

@skater; Oh, sorry. I took it on a whole different part of armor.
As for throwing them outside; It worked for over a thousand years. There is a fine line between concern for safety and being overbearing and too protective.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

As for throwing them outside; It worked for over a thousand years. There is a fine line between concern for safety and being overbearing and too protective.

And for thousands of years, we didn't live in a world like we do today.
idontlikeyou
idontlikeyou
41 posts
Nomad

That was cold... but so true. Masterforger must live in a Utopia because he apparently doesn't know how it is like outside his house.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

The world is dangerous, but amid danger hides adventure. There is as much danger now as there was two thousand years ago, i,e water, fire, being run over (by different things) and people themselves.
Also, I don't mean outside, I mean other entertainment aside from electronic (if it can be helped) There is no such thing as strategy on a computer game, and if you like first person shooters, stop playing, get fit, join the army, and see if when you die you can respawn.

Showing 16-30 of 45