ForumsWEPRIran threatens to close the Straight of Hermuz

76 23096
jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

What are your thoughts on Iran threatening to close the gates to the worlds oil? Article

• 76 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

from the article

She said it is "committed to protecting maritime freedoms that are the basis for global prosperity. This is one of the main reasons our military forces operate in the region.

Horse sheet
u r their bcoz of oil
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

HAD they started it, their troops will be in a very weak position in that region(given that talibans prey upon them and pakistani tribals and army is not very friendly with them anymore)

Are you kidding me? The troops would be in a FANTASTIC position. It would be a complete siege. All the US would have to do is blockade Iranian shipping and all aircraft, and wouldn't have to actually invade. Also, with missiles being fired, the war could be over before it would even begin. Also, the Iranian economy would already be crippled from the US sanctions, combined with political unrest, the government would begin to topple. The worst thing that Iran could do is attempt a strike at Israel, but with a US blockade on its borders, any attempt would be shot down either immediately or be so weakened that Israel would be able to handle it.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Are you kidding me? The troops would be in a FANTASTIC position. It would be a complete siege. All the US would have to do is blockade Iranian shipping and all aircraft, and wouldn't have to actually invade. Also, with missiles being fired, the war could be over before it would even begin. Also, the Iranian economy would already be crippled from the US sanctions, combined with political unrest, the government would begin to topple. The worst thing that Iran could do is attempt a strike at Israel, but with a US blockade on its borders, any attempt would be shot down either immediately or be so weakened that Israel would be able to handle it.

son, read my post again and again until u understand it and then post your answer.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

son, read my post again and again until u understand it and then post your answer.

I fully comprehend your post thank you very much. I also fully comprehend that you appear to be ignorant to the fact that the US could trample Iran if they wanted to, and nothing could stop them!
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

I fully comprehend your post thank you very much. I also fully comprehend that you appear to be ignorant to the fact that the US could trample Iran if they wanted to, and nothing could stop them!

And you are fully ignorant to the fact that if USA attacked iran,
Its army in afghanistan will be sandwiched b/w taliban and Iranian army.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

And you are fully ignorant to the fact that if USA attacked iran,
Its army in afghanistan will be sandwiched b/w taliban and Iranian army.

So you mean that the US army will fall to a bunch of mountain fighters and a few popguns. What you don't understand is that Iran poses no threat whatsoever to the US military. If the US wanted to, they could just Tomahawk missile all of Iran into submission. They could make this war completely one sided in the sense of casualties. The Iranian military is no match for the US military, so how about you leave your land of make believe, and join reality.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

So you mean that the US army will fall to a bunch of mountain fighters and a few popguns. What you don't understand is that Iran poses no threat whatsoever to the US military. If the US wanted to, they could just Tomahawk missile all of Iran into submission. They could make this war completely one sided in the sense of casualties. The Iranian military is no match for the US military, so how about you leave your land of make believe, and join reality.

And what you don't understand, is that USA will have to evacuate from afghanistan before going on war or their military in afghanistan will face same problm as germans faced on falaise gap in WWII.
As for tomahawking, yes they can but they wont, they will need a pretty valid reason than just a blockade to do that or they will have to face immense international pressure.
P.S:-Son, how's about you leave your jingoism aside and see things as they are, not as what that they are shown.
zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

And what you don't understand, is that USA will have to evacuate from afghanistan before going on war or their military in afghanistan will face same problm as germans faced on falaise gap in WWII.

Please, bestow upon me your great wisdom as to why the US will have to evacuate. I beg of you, teach me, oh wise one, so that I may become less ignorant.

Incase you were wondering, that (^) is called sarcasm.

As for tomahawking, yes they can but they wont, they will need a pretty valid reason than just a blockade to do that or they will have to face immense international pressure.

You realize that because the US has a veto on the SC, they can't be sanctioned really. Also, the UK and France would veto anything. Sure it sounds like bullying, but nothing can really sanction the US.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

Please, bestow upon me your great wisdom as to why the US will have to evacuate. I beg of you, teach me, oh wise one, so that I may become less ignorant.

Incase you were wondering, that (^) is called sarcasm.

I already gave you reasons if you don't think them enough, what can i do?
You realize that because the US has a veto on the SC, they can't be sanctioned really. Also, the UK and France would veto anything. Sure it sounds like bullying, but nothing can really sanction the US.

as for tomahawking, they(iranians) can hit back
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

here is link
I meant they cant hit back in USA but they surely can hit back at your troops who are supposed to launch tomahawks.
cuz as iran will be in their range, so will they be.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

ofcours usa can be sanctioned.
all we have to do is not give you any more money.
your country will come to a stand still. think this crisis is bad?
it's worse when you hit the 17trillion or other nations stop giving you money.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

as for tomahawking, they(iranians) can hit back

I meant they cant hit back in USA but they surely can hit back at your troops who are supposed to launch tomahawks.

The US is proficient at shooting down missiles. I'm sure they can take care of a few rockets.

I already gave you reasons if you don't think them enough, what can i do?

While some mountain fighters (Taliban) could provide some disruption, they can't cripple a military force. And when the US launches rockets at Iranian barracks, than their military would be crippled.

ofcours usa can be sanctioned.
all we have to do is not give you any more money.
your country will come to a stand still. think this crisis is bad?
it's worse when you hit the 17trillion or other nations stop giving you money.

You mean if we cannot borrow any more funds? The government is trying to figure out how to reduce spending and/or increase taxes on the wealthy. When the democrats capture the house in the next elections, the US will become more proficient at paying off debt. Also, China isn't going to stop lending us money, because if they do, there could be much inflation, which would make it so that the US debt that they hold would be pretty much worthless since it doesn't account for inflation.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,223 posts
Nomad

evry1 take a example of EnterOrion.
his attitude is exactly what i mean whit the attitude of most americans toward outsiders. and the very reason why i hate americans.

Thank you. We'll continue being the most powerful country on Earth while you continue to not.

You're kidding, right? If we were to launch any missile attacks, the first targets would be potential threats. Iran would lose almost its entire defensive capability before the sun set.

When the democrats capture the house in the next elections, the US will become more proficient at paying off debt

I sincerely hope you're joking...
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

China isn't going to stop lending us money

china will when the interest rate you have to pay to them go's over 7%
wich will happen when you hit the 17 trillion debt.
at the point of 8% intrest. it's calculated that not 1 country can overcome it's cycle to bankruptcy.
you will need to borrow to much money to pay back the debt that will only stack up and never lower.
and if you don't pay it back then other nations will not give you this much money in the future anymore. also will your economy be rated B or lower and not AA+ anymore.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

pressed submit to soon again...

if they do, there could be much inflation.

china and inflation?
they just print more money like they do the last 15 year or so.
Showing 31-45 of 76