ForumsForum GamesThe Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs: Chamber Eighteen

644 79494
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You wake up and find yourself in pitch blackness. SUDDENLY! Words appear out of nowhere.

Welcome to the Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs! You have been brought here against your will for the amusement of the Gantic. Each chamber has two doors: one that leads out and one that leads in. Each door has a unique solution. You must find out how to escape or die trying.

Oh, did I mention that you will respawn after death? The Gantic feeds on death, but it brings you back to life because it knows you will die again. So work together to get yourselves out!

Oh, did I also mention that you are not the only one here? The Gantic is not satisfied with just one toy. No. It has as many as it pleases!

How to Play:
Type out commands and the Gantic will respond.

Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is a closed door. There is a table in the middle of the room. A piece of chalk sits in the middle of the room.

Only clear commands will result in actions. The more specific the command, the more specific the action.

Player: I use chalk on the table.
The Gantic: How do you wish to use the chalk on the table?
Player: I use chalk to write on the table.
The Gantic: You write on the table, but you don't know what you wrote.
Player: I use chalk to write the word "Open" on the table.
The Gantic: You write the word "Open" on the table. You hear the sound of stone sliding on stone.
Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is an open door. There is a table in the middle of the room with the word "Open" written on it.

Now onwards!
You find yourselves in Chamber One.
  • 644 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Mav stands in the doorway to Chamber Seven. The pinkish floor slopes downward toward the center of the room. You cannot see much else in the dim light.

aamer13 touches half of a torch to the floor. The floor shifts violently.

sonicheroes95 brings the other half of the torch to the doorway.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

... ok, can we have an inventory and who has what right now?

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I make glowsticks from the big pile of moss a few chambers ago, and some clay. Hopefully the curse of vaporisation is dispelled.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

aamer13 - half of a torch, spear

sonicheroes95 - half of a torch

Poizaz00 - broken spear-torch, broken spear-shaft

Northern wall of Chamber Six:
moss, stuck with spear
spear
spear

Poizaz00 attempts to return to a previous Chamber. You cannot find a way back!

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,365 posts
Nomad

I stick my arm into the hole farthest to the right.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I try to edge my way around the room.

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I take some spears and hurt the beast.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I try to scrape three large chucks of gold off the walls with a spear. If I am successful, I set the three chunks to the side for later use.

I Reach my hands into each of the four remaining significant holes, starting with the top middle and working clockwise.

If there is something in the hole, I take it out and set it on the ground in a neat little pile.

If there is a switch, I press it.

If something kills me, tell my family that I loved them.

If I survive, I fashion another spear-torch in the manner already depicted, using my own clothes if necessary, breaking the oddly long spell of no fan service in the ganticombs. I then take my golden chunks, and place them in the floor of chamber seven like stepping stones. If nothing happens to them, I skip out to the third (and furthest) golden chunk. I look around the room with my torch.

If I am STILL alive, I whistle a little tune.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

i grab a spear and see what happens when i use it to poke the floor.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

well if the floor shake vilently, i go back a few chambers and grab the vases, and fill the small ones with water. i bring them here and and place one of the vases on the ground and watch the water shake in it.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

you can't go back for the vases. we're stuck in chamber 6 and doorway of chamber 7.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

oh yea....

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

i then use my torch and light the spear on fire and spin it like a baton ,

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Legion1530 sticks his arm in the farthest right hole. You don't find anything in there.

Mav tries to edge his way around the chamber. You cannot find anywhere to place your feet without slipping.

Poizaz00 throws a spear at the beast. The beast is wounded. The floor shakes violently.

aknerd attempts to scrape the walls of Chamber Six. Nothing happens.

aknerd activates the switch in the top middle. You hear rumbling behind you.
You activate the switch in the top middle right. You hear rumbling behind you.
You activate the switch in the middle left. You hear rumbling behind you.
You activate the switch in the middle right. You hear rumbling behind you.

The chamber basks in the golden glow from light reflected from the walls of Chamber Six. The wall between the two had opened up. The floor is now covered in stone. Lined up against the norther wall are five statues. There is a door in the southern wall.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

i examine the 5 stautues

Showing 166-180 of 644