ForumsForum GamesThe Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs: Chamber Eighteen

644 79490
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You wake up and find yourself in pitch blackness. SUDDENLY! Words appear out of nowhere.

Welcome to the Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs! You have been brought here against your will for the amusement of the Gantic. Each chamber has two doors: one that leads out and one that leads in. Each door has a unique solution. You must find out how to escape or die trying.

Oh, did I mention that you will respawn after death? The Gantic feeds on death, but it brings you back to life because it knows you will die again. So work together to get yourselves out!

Oh, did I also mention that you are not the only one here? The Gantic is not satisfied with just one toy. No. It has as many as it pleases!

How to Play:
Type out commands and the Gantic will respond.

Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is a closed door. There is a table in the middle of the room. A piece of chalk sits in the middle of the room.

Only clear commands will result in actions. The more specific the command, the more specific the action.

Player: I use chalk on the table.
The Gantic: How do you wish to use the chalk on the table?
Player: I use chalk to write on the table.
The Gantic: You write on the table, but you don't know what you wrote.
Player: I use chalk to write the word "Open" on the table.
The Gantic: You write the word "Open" on the table. You hear the sound of stone sliding on stone.
Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is an open door. There is a table in the middle of the room with the word "Open" written on it.

Now onwards!
You find yourselves in Chamber One.
  • 644 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I stick the torch down one of the holes, making sure to avoid being in its line of fire.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Which hole do you stick the torch down?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

One in which a spear is presumed to be in there.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

There are 9 holes left unexamined. 4 at the points and 5 at the intersections.

____O
O__O_O__O
__O___O
____O
X_______O

O = unchecked
X = checked

Matt1251
Matt1251
272 posts
Nomad

I stick a torch to check the hole in the bottom right corner.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I peer down one of the holes, foolishly squinting into it.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I enter the Ganticombs and shake everyone's hand, making introductory small talk. After completing such pleasantries, I try to scrape off a chunk of the "golden" walls. If successful, I use the chunk to reflect light from the torch into each of the ten holes, starting with the topmost hole and working counterclockwise.

If I am not successful, I steel the torch from "that guy", and the spear from wherever the spear is. Then, I wrap the clothes of the corpse around the spear and set it on fire, creating another torch. I then return the original torch to "that guy".

I use my new torch to examine the ten holes in the manner already described.

I resume the small talk.

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I walk in and attempt to fill the top holes with moss. I take Aknerd's torch-spear so I can shovel moss into the outer holes.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I'll just go left to right bottom up since you guys continue to neglect to state which hole you check. I'll also skip holes that have already been checked.

Matt1251 yoinks the torch from Mav and checks the bottom right hole. A spear shoots out and splits the torch down the middle. The spear is stuck on the western wall.

nichodemus peers down the lowest hole. You cannot see anything. Your head is blocking out the light.

aknerd, What do you use to scrape a chunk off of the walls?

aknerd picks up half a torch from the floor pulls the spear out of the western wall. You form a new spear-torch.
You check the bottom right hole. There does not appear to be anything special.
You check the middle bottom hole. There appears to be something in the back.
You check the bottom left hole. There appears to be something in the back.
You check the bottom right hole. There appears to be something in the back.
You check the top left hole. A spear shoots out and breaks the spear torch. The spear is stuck in the western wall. You are left with a stubby spear-torch and a broken spear-shaft. There does not appear to be anything in there.
You check the middle top left hole. There appears to be something in the back.
You check the middle top right hole. There appears to be something in the back.
You check the top right hole. A spear shoots out and destroys the stubby spear-torch. The spear is stuck in the western wall. You cannot see anything. Your head is blocking out the light.
You do not have a spear-torch to check the top hole.
You resume small talk.

Poizaz00 attempts to fill the top hole with moss with the broken pieces of the spear-torch. A spear shoots out and pins the moss to the western wall.

____O
X__X_X__X
__X___X
____X
X_______X

O = unchecked
X = checked

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I stick my arm down the final hole, and see what happens.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I hold Mav's arm down the final hole.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Its cause I made you lose the game, isn't it. :/

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

i hold onto nicho arm as he holds on to mave arm :P

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Mav sticks his arm down the top hole. Nothing happens.

The Gantic prevents nichodemus from holding Mav's arm down the final hole. You cannot force anyone to do anything.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

how about we shine some light in the holes and see what's in them.

Showing 136-150 of 644