ForumsForum GamesThe Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs: Chamber Eighteen

644 79504
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You wake up and find yourself in pitch blackness. SUDDENLY! Words appear out of nowhere.

Welcome to the Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs! You have been brought here against your will for the amusement of the Gantic. Each chamber has two doors: one that leads out and one that leads in. Each door has a unique solution. You must find out how to escape or die trying.

Oh, did I mention that you will respawn after death? The Gantic feeds on death, but it brings you back to life because it knows you will die again. So work together to get yourselves out!

Oh, did I also mention that you are not the only one here? The Gantic is not satisfied with just one toy. No. It has as many as it pleases!

How to Play:
Type out commands and the Gantic will respond.

Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is a closed door. There is a table in the middle of the room. A piece of chalk sits in the middle of the room.

Only clear commands will result in actions. The more specific the command, the more specific the action.

Player: I use chalk on the table.
The Gantic: How do you wish to use the chalk on the table?
Player: I use chalk to write on the table.
The Gantic: You write on the table, but you don't know what you wrote.
Player: I use chalk to write the word "Open" on the table.
The Gantic: You write the word "Open" on the table. You hear the sound of stone sliding on stone.
Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is an open door. There is a table in the middle of the room with the word "Open" written on it.

Now onwards!
You find yourselves in Chamber One.
  • 644 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Did the server eat my post?

You find yourselves in Chamber Nine!

As you enter, your torches flicker briefly before they are extinguished.

The chamber is cast in a purple hue by four spectral flames floating about the room. In the middle of the chamber are ten boxes stacked in a pyramid. There is a door in the southern wall.

nichodemus attempts to shut the door. You cannot shut the door from this chamber.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

is the door open or closed?

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I enter into Chamber Nine, and examine the flames.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

OOC: Yes, it did. More than once methinks.

I examine the boxes in the center of the chamber, then carefully examine the flames to the best of my abilities.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The door from Chamber Eight to Chamber Nine is Open. The door in the southern wall is closed.

Mav examines the flames.
The spectral flames float about freely. They cast a purple glow on the chamber. You do not feel any change in warmth as you approach them. The flames appear to be pulsating with life. They move out of reach as you try to touch them.

Devoidless examines the boxes.
There are ten boxes stacked in a pyramid in the middle of the room. They appear to be identical 3 ft (~.9 m) cubic boxes. As you approach the boxes, you think you hear something moving in some of the boxes.

Devoidless carefully examines the flames.
There appear to be faint purple cords that appear with each pulse of the flames. The cords seem to connect the flames to the door and the four boxes on the bottom.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

i open a box and look what is inside it .

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Which box do you want to open?

___1
__2_3
_4_5_6
7_8_9_0

There does not appear to be a way to open the boxes without smashing them.

aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

i take the first box, and look around the outsides and examine each side.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

With this information in mind, I follow one of the cords to a box, ever-so gently rap on the box with my knuckles and see what happens.

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I extract a bone from my corpses and use it as a club.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I open Box 5.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

aamer13 picks up the first box. It feels surprisingly light. Each wooden face looks the same. There are small gaps in between the wooden boards that make up the boxes.

Devoidless taps box 7. You hear a hiss coming from within.

Poizaz00 obtains a femur bone club in the least gruesome way possible.

nichodemus attempts to smash open box five. You flinch from pain.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I stack all the boxes up.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

After hearing the hiss, I rub my goatee in that way which implies "I'm deep in thought about something ponderous, go pester a bear you git." After a moment of that, I examine the spots on the door where the cords connect in order to figure out how they are connected and what it is they do (in relation to the door).

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I smash open box 5.

Showing 241-255 of 644