ForumsForum GamesThe Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs: Chamber Eighteen

644 79482
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You wake up and find yourself in pitch blackness. SUDDENLY! Words appear out of nowhere.

Welcome to the Thousand Chambers of the Ganticombs! You have been brought here against your will for the amusement of the Gantic. Each chamber has two doors: one that leads out and one that leads in. Each door has a unique solution. You must find out how to escape or die trying.

Oh, did I mention that you will respawn after death? The Gantic feeds on death, but it brings you back to life because it knows you will die again. So work together to get yourselves out!

Oh, did I also mention that you are not the only one here? The Gantic is not satisfied with just one toy. No. It has as many as it pleases!

How to Play:
Type out commands and the Gantic will respond.

Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is a closed door. There is a table in the middle of the room. A piece of chalk sits in the middle of the room.

Only clear commands will result in actions. The more specific the command, the more specific the action.

Player: I use chalk on the table.
The Gantic: How do you wish to use the chalk on the table?
Player: I use chalk to write on the table.
The Gantic: You write on the table, but you don't know what you wrote.
Player: I use chalk to write the word "Open" on the table.
The Gantic: You write the word "Open" on the table. You hear the sound of stone sliding on stone.
Player: I look around the room.
The Gantic: The room is lit by an invisible light source. It seems as if the light comes from the stone blocks that make up the chamber. On the far wall of the chamber is an open door. There is a table in the middle of the room with the word "Open" written on it.

Now onwards!
You find yourselves in Chamber One.
  • 644 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

You examine the eggs. The eggs glow. Each is about the size of a chicken's egg. They each appear to be carved from a single piece of white jade.

The rabbit is carved from a near flawless piece of green nephrite. Its front right paw is lifted and points forward.
The jade dragon is ornately carved from a flawless piece of white nephrite. Individual scales are clearly defined on its serpentine body.
The jade snake is carved from a single piece of black nephrite. It is coiled once and winds back and forth.
The jade horse is carved from a single piece of red nephrite. Its front left leg is lifted.
The jade goat is carved from a single piece of green nephrite. It is standing.
The jade monkey is carved from a single piece of white nephrite. it is sitting with its left hand over its eye and its right hand over its ears.
The jade rooster is carved from a single piece of black nephrite. It is standing.

You do not see anymore glyphs.
You see carvings on the pedestal in Chamber Eighteen. On the north face there is a hen and rooster. On the east face there is a chicken and two chicks. On the south face there are two chickens. On the west face there is one chick.

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I tie the llama rope around the jade rooster to try make a flail. I then use the flail on the doors and walls.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

... i do something completely random because i'm out of ideas.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i try to combine/use the eggs with the jade figures but if nothing happens i put them on the pedestal but only where the carvings of the chicken are.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Poizaz00 ties the jade rooster to the llama rope and uses it as a flail. It does nothing.

sonicheroes95 dances and sings but nothing comes out.

xAyjAy attempts to combine the eggs and jade figurines. Nothing happens. He puts them on the pedestal.

UDude21 examines the door. It is closed.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i try to push the eggs harder into the holes to see what happens.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Nothing happens.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

lets put 1 egg in the side with only 1 chick, 2 eggs on the two chickens, 3 eggs on the 2 chickens one chick, and 2 eggs on the hen and rooster.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

I move a chicken in the south to the west and move a chick from the east to the south. This is the only logical option to me and reason to play this game.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i try to find an opening in the pedestal (except the holes). if nothing happens i try to open the jade figures.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Nothing happens.

You cannot move a carving.

You cannot open the pedestal. You cannot open the jade figures.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i go to the jade rabbit and try to use its paw like a lever. i try that with all jade figures. if nothing happens i try to place the eggs on the jade figures and if nothing happens i try to use the rope to get the jade figures off of their current places.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Tell me then, how many eggs are there?

Poizaz00
Poizaz00
605 posts
Peasant

I check if I can cast a spell.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The jade figures are each carved from one solid piece of jade. Nothing happens.
You place the eggs on the jade figures. Nothing happens.
You gather the jade figures.

There are eight eggs.

You cannot cast a spell if you are blind, deaf, or mute.

Recap:
Chamber Eighteen

There is a door in the E wall. It is closed.
There is a pedestal in the middle of the chamber. Each face has carvings.
N -- hen and rooster
E -- chicken and two chick
S -- two chicken
W -- one chick
There are eight eggs in the chamber.
There are two holes in each wall.
You are blind, deaf, and/or mute.

Collective inventory:
Three torches
Jade rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey, rooster
Llama rope

Showing 616-630 of 644