ForumsGamesHacking is right

80 14678
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Oh so right. I'm not talking about stupid things like aimbots, or cheat engines, or deleting third paragraph (if you understand that tell me).

There are a lot of people who hack video games for all the right reasons. Hacking can and has been used in gaming communities to make games fairer and more fun. Hacking is also used to improve the game in ways the developers haven't considered. Developers should really embrace hacking and modding and use their ideas to improve their own games. So please, before you write off all hackers as evil cheaters, remember that most aren't hurting anyone, and some are trying to achieve game balance.

inb4 hackin and moddin r different
inb4 OP can't inb4

• 80 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

yeah, that means nothing mate

Have it your way. Any game, any game at all that you can play single player or with multiple people exclusively (Private server, offline game, LAN game, etc.) You could use hacking to make it more fun for you/your friends and not have it be at other's expense.

guns are just the tools to make it easier and faster

And hacking is just the word for changing the game. It's not an evil, malicious action by nature.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Besides, mostly the only reason people hack is because they are so terrible at that game that they feel they need to get back at the dev's for making it "too hard" and thus hacking is justified for them.

Funny how online "child" gamers tend to lie to themselves to make their loss of time and entertainment feel better, whereas you seem to dredge up the most dull point a hacker usually has in order to feel superior.

Hackers have a problem with effort or source of entertainment in that they find it funny seeing the higher stats -- not getting them. They also like to see the resulting anger and bitterness towards them as a result, a better form of trolling, if you will.

Sure, there are some who can be terrible at games and the like, but a hacker is genuinely more intelligent, thus usually better than your average gamer, even excluding the "child" ones (like myself, being 14), but not seeing a grind, like on the Triple A FPS titles for weapons or attachments, is a relief for a lot of people -- I'm sure you think the same, just that you've higher moral complexity to intrude on some others' entertainment.
Or you just don't want to be considered a ... let's not go into that.

well actually people kill, guns are just the tools to make it easier and faster

And yet you're either delaying the point or missing it entirely - both stupid at the least.

Have it your way. Any game, any game at all that you can play single player or with multiple people exclusively (Private server, offline game, LAN game, etc.) You could use hacking to make it more fun for you/your friends and not have it be at other's expense.

I do tend to call that modding. However I do think in a lot of scenarios you do need to actually hack to gain the viable information necessary to make the changes in the first place -- so in a sense, they need be one in the same.
And by that, it's far from a malicious act by nature.

- H
alexkresa13
alexkresa13
132 posts
Nomad

I'm pretty sure that modding and hacking are two seperate things here. I don't care if you mod, such as private call of duty zombie lobbies, stuff like that, but hacking as in legitimate cheating is what bothers me.

Suren727
Suren727
11 posts
Peasant

Hacks are like drugs, once someones uses them they cant stop. They might wanna stop but they are so addicted they cant.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I think hacking is ok but cheating is wrong. But hacking can also be illegal in some circumstances. But usually changing the game code is more of a mod unless it is meant for evil. Its like the Force, it can be good or bad

Showing 76-80 of 80