ForumsThe TavernBigfoot

42 7450
macfan1
macfan1
421 posts
Nomad

Does bigfoot really exsist? I saw a show about it on Discovery channel.

• 42 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I don't think Bigfoot is real. I mean, with all these guys out hunting all the time, all this guys that shoot anything that moves, not one guy has bagged one yet? Not to mention, the stories of the encounters with Bigfoot are all unrealistic.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Yea, although it might have existed long ago (just like dragons might have), I'm pretty much certain that they don't exist anymore...

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I doubt Bigfoot exists. Sure people claim to have encountered it but they're usually fake. If someone actually captures one then I might believe they exist. So until then, Bigfoot shall remain a mythical creature.

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq23/dewi1066/bigfoot_sighting_ridgway.jpg

This image from 2007 taken in Ridgeway, Pennsylvania though has only been explained as a bear with a skin disorder. Doesn't look like much of a bear to me.

Not sure if the Sasquatch exists, but I think it is unlikely in North America. As has been mentioned, if it existed it would likely have been bagged and tagged by now.

It is essentially North Americas version of the Loch Ness Monster.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

Doesn't look like much of a bear to me.

If you put the video to 4:30 he covers this and shows a pretty good comparison with a bear. Even shows the shot before it with a bear standing right there.
Squatcha doing?
Marius2323
Marius2323
199 posts
Nomad

Frame 352 from the Patterson-Gimlin film, alleged by Roger Patterson and Robert Gimlin to show a bigfoot, and by some others to show a man in an ape suit.

This from wikipedia, haha.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Smalfut.jpg
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

This from wikipedia, haha.

I saw a short reportage on this film specifically, once. Arguments pro-bigfoot were the size and the way it moves, apparently it moved too fast for a human. The guys in the reportage however pointed at the fact that there are no special marks on the environment around the 'bigfoot' that could allow an estimate of the size (if we cannot say how big it is, we cannot say if it's bigger than human or not) and also that if one walks with flexed knees and turns the body from side to side while walking, it is very possible to make big fast strides like the one in the vid. So it could very well be a costume.
younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

no, i don't think he had exist
it's just fantasy
*giant foot before me*
oh no he's not fantasy
he exist
don't hurt me
*my father his foot before me*
oh no, it's my father
*suicide*

phycticpotato
phycticpotato
132 posts
Nomad

Forgive me for this (as this may not be the right place to put this), but I am going to go Biblical on you. The Bible (in the latter parts of Job) does talk about a large land animal (behemoth) that eats grass like an ox, is very strong and has bones that are extremely tough. Not saying that this is bigfoot, but it is possible, [if] he has a tail. It states that this creature has a tail "like a cedar", suggesting that his tail is long and powerful. So bigfoot is probably not the behemoth, and if the behemoth is still around (which I doubt) than Mr. Bigfoot has something bigger to be looking out for than hunters. Just thought i'd throw out some random facts. Personally, I do not believe in Bigfoot or a sasquach (as there is no convincing evidence), but it is a matter of personal opinion.

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

Yea, although it might have existed long ago (just like dragons might have), I'm pretty much certain that they don't exist anymore...

I saw about how dragons might've existed, that was cool :P

But seeing as there are no credible evidence about Bigfoot I doubt it there might be some tribe of people's or something or other who might not have evolved to what we are since it wouldn't have been necessary for them in some part of a jungle that is rarely frequented but that's a maybe.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,253 posts
Regent

The Bible (in the latter parts of Job) does talk about a large land animal (behemoth) that eats grass like an ox, is very strong and has bones that are extremely tough.

Always thought that the Behemoth was meant to be much bigger.. though, after reading more, it says that the bushes hide him in their shadow (sounds small), on the other hand he's said to swallow a whole river without caring much (sounds enormous). Anyway he's the Leviathan's counterpart for the desert, since there are no big primate myths in deserts for all I know, I don't think he'd be a candidate even if he existed.

But seeing as there are no credible evidence about Bigfoot I doubt it there might be some tribe of people's or something or other who might not have evolved to what we are since it wouldn't have been necessary for them in some part of a jungle that is rarely frequented but that's a maybe.

That's not a 'maybe', that's a 'no way'. By the time homo sapiens spread out of Africa, we were already too much like today to be considered bigfoots. Or to put it the other way, we didn't change much since then.
If there is some sort of tribe somewhere, they're not humans, but different primates.
aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

Me and Bigfoot play croquet together on Sundays. I always win, because he is so clumsy. Most people don't realize that Bigfoot is an upper class denizen of Connecticut. He's a good guy, just a little snobbish.

The_DeVitor13
The_DeVitor13
66 posts
Nomad

REAL!!!!!!

loco5
loco5
16,287 posts
Peasant

REAL!!!!!!

what a riveting tale with many very credible facts, i think you have a bright future here my good sir
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

The Bible (in the latter parts of Job) does talk about a large land animal (behemoth) that eats grass like an ox, is very strong and has bones that are extremely tough. Not saying that this is bigfoot, but it is possible, [if] he has a tail. It states that this creature has a tail "like a cedar", suggesting that his tail is long and powerful.

...Most Christians use this verse to argue the Bible talking about Dinosaurs, not Bigfoot.

Really, I think this is just people seeing what they want to see/misidentifying bears at a glance.
Showing 1-15 of 42