ForumsThe TavernHalf Full or Half Empty?

64 12966
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Just what the title says. If you see a glass filled halfway with water, would you think of it as half full or half empty?

• 64 Replies
psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

rate yourself

Lazy: You don't care how the cup is, you will just drink it.

Realist: If the water was poured INTO the cup, then it is half FULL. If the water was poured OUT of the cup, then the water is half EMPTY

Engineer: The cup is twice as big

Optimist: Half Full

Pessimists: Half Empty

"The government would say that the glass is fuller than if the opposition party were in power.

The opposition would say that it is irrelevant because the present administration has changed the way such volume statistics are collected.

The philosopher would say that, if the glass was in the forest and no one was there to see it, would it be half anything?

The economist would say that, in real terms, the glass is 25% fuller than at the same time last year.

The banker would say that the glass has just under 50% of its net worth in liquid assets.

The psychiatrist would ask, "What did your mother say about the glass?"

The physicist would say that the volume of this cylinder is divided into two equal parts; one a colorless, odorless liquid, the other a colorless, odorless gas. Thus the cylinder is neither full nor empty. Rather, each half of the cylinder is full, one with a gas, one with a liquid.

The seasoned drinker would say that the glass doesn''t have enough ice in it."

lol id be lazy for sure :3
aamer13
aamer13
2,568 posts
Nomad

YOU IDIOTS!

If it is half full of water, doesnt mean its not filled with another liquid, so it could be:

half full of water , half of it isnt water, it is more full than half, it is less full then half.

make sense?

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Here's an optimist-pessimist-realist thing; The three are on a sailboat, and the wind has changed. The optimist hopes for it to change, the pessimist complains, and the realist adjusts the sails.

Obviously, it depends on if the water was poured in or out.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

I don't really care whether or not it's half full or half empty. However, if I had to choose, then it would be half full.

younieboy
younieboy
297 posts
Blacksmith

half full
you don't say give me some coca cola, half empty is enough
*stupid*

Dewi1066
Dewi1066
539 posts
Nomad

YOU IDIOTS!

If it is half full of water, doesnt mean its not filled with another liquid, so it could be:

half full of water , half of it isnt water, it is more full than half, it is less full then half.

make sense?

Not really no, the question was about having a glass of water, only half filled.

Personally I think it's subjective. If you're the one filling the glass, you've got a half full glass. If you're the one emptying it, it is half empty.

Got nowt to do with being positive or negative.
PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

Personally I think it's subjective. If you're the one filling the glass, you've got a half full glass. If you're the one emptying it, it is half empty.

Then again, it could be you always emptying the glass or you filling the glass. I would have to say that the water is representative of happiness.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

for me it is half full. i wanted just to ask the question in my last post in this thread.

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,370 posts
Nomad

you say how full I really don't care though it makes no difference to me

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,745 posts
King

I would say "half full", I'm an optimistic person by nature, so that's the first thing I would think! =D

LucasDaLegend
LucasDaLegend
1,066 posts
Nomad

Just what the title says. If you see a glass filled halfway with water, would you think of it as half full or half empty?

You said it in the OP... Half way. :b

Seriously though, i say Half full.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Well, the OP doesn't say half full/empty of WATER so it's completely full. Of air and water.

If thaboss sees a glass half with water, he'd drink it, then refill it. Then drink it again.

CPUheadhunter
CPUheadhunter
26 posts
Nomad

I have the solution!! The glass is neither half full nor half empty. It is full!!! Half water and half air!!!!!!

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

why not both? half-full and half-empty?

It is both... people just don't consider that.
AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

It's half full. You wouldn't say it's 3 quarters empty or 1 thirds empty. You'd say 1 quarters full and 2 thirds full. As well as half full instead of half empty.

Showing 16-30 of 64