ForumsThe TavernHalf Full or Half Empty?

64 12964
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Just what the title says. If you see a glass filled halfway with water, would you think of it as half full or half empty?

• 64 Replies
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

While the optimist and the pessimist are arguing about the glass of water, the opportunist drinks it.

Shibadragon
Shibadragon
12 posts
Nomad

@Dragonblaze052
Exactly.

martei
martei
3 posts
Peasant

"why does it have to be a glass?"
says the creative person, while the lazy person breaks said glass by putting his or her feet on the table where the glass is placed

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Since half of it is full and half of it is empty, wouldn't it be both half-full and half-empty?

An obvious point that I'm sure has been brought up before, but this thread is filled with boring responses and I don't feel like cycling through them now or ever.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

the realist realizes that it is never half full or half empty that it is always full of air

Zorvex
Zorvex
223 posts
Peasant

It's half empty some days and half full others.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

actually whenever I use those terms I'll use half-full when I'm describing filling a glass and half-empty when I'm describing emptying a glass

Drink
Drink
1,621 posts
Blacksmith

lets say you get a glass of orange juice and if you drink it till its half gone then it would be half empty..but if you only filled it up half-way then its half full..simple as that

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

Since half of it is full and half of it is empty, wouldn't it be both half-full and half-empty?

thats what i said. not the same words but i meant the same as you.

the realist realizes that it is never half full or half empty that it is always full of air

and the phisicist says that it is full of atoms.

It's half empty some days and half full others.

thats true, but even if live is hard try to see the glass as half full.

stephenking
stephenking
2,413 posts
Nomad

Neither. I call it "half-drink half-non-drink."

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I'd usually say Half Full, unless I was angry at someone for drinking my beverage. Then I'd hold it up and say, in an irritated tone, "Look at this! Now it's half empty!"

Though even that sounds sort of awkward.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well, this is easy.

There is no glass. The glass is a lie.

SubZero131
SubZero131
598 posts
Nomad

If the glass is full and half of its volume is drunk then it is half empty. If it is empty and filled up half way it is half full.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

There is no glass. The glass is a lie.

lol, matrix reference.

If the glass is full and half of its volume is drunk then it is half empty. If it is empty and filled up half way it is half full.

why not both at the same time? if you fill a glass half full its half full but its half empty too because there is still some place left before its full.

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

half - empty. not really a pessimist but if it is literal then it's still half - empty.

Showing 46-60 of 64