ForumsThe TavernHalf Full or Half Empty?

64 12963
Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

Just what the title says. If you see a glass filled halfway with water, would you think of it as half full or half empty?

• 64 Replies
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Half empty, because my glass of whatever I'm drinking is more than halfway of the glass. I drink a lot, so when I'm halfway in the glass, it seems small. Empty=small. Half empty.

psychoraven
psychoraven
311 posts
Peasant

technically its fulll half air half water

PerryKid
PerryKid
1,269 posts
Nomad

I see, There are two cylinders of equal length each full of a substance. The top cylinder is full of air, while the bottom cylinder is full of water.

barrelroller21
barrelroller21
12 posts
Farmer

CLEARLY none of you have seen the matrix there is no glass or water DUH

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

I preferbelly would lick half full... If it was classified as air, it would be half empty.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

in the middle. I dont like to fill it halfway.

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Either way, half full or half empty, someone has filled or emptied it half assed. Perhaps you should learn to do things all the way or not at all.

And as an aside, who cares about the glass of water, I'm still waiting for my god**** cheeseburger!

Serphim
Serphim
195 posts
Peasant

Half full if i pour in
half empty if i drink it

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

hmm... it depends. did you just pour the glass, or have you been drinking out of it?

unknown456
unknown456
47 posts
Peasant

Although I'd probaly call it half full I'm more of a half empty kind of guy.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

technically its fulll half air half water

your right, air and water have atoms/molekules so its a glass full of atoms/molekules.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

it is neither half full nor half empty, consider air it is filled with air and water so therefor it isn't either. unless you put the glass of water in a complete vacume AND even if it was in a vacume then it would pretty much evaporate so there you may end the debate now knowing that both views are incorrect

Zoom2
Zoom2
9 posts
Justiciar

I really think SMBC puts it best:

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=1426#comic

whether pessimist or optimist, the opportunist is the one drinking the beverage

skittlezareAWESOME
skittlezareAWESOME
54 posts
Nomad

I think the glass is half full. Who ever thinks that the glass is really half empty?

ChuggaaconroyFan9001
ChuggaaconroyFan9001
3 posts
Nomad

If you mean metaphorically then half full. If you mean literally then also half full.

Showing 31-45 of 64